Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2024 Quilting Goals >

2024 Quilting Goals

2024 Quilting Goals

Old 12-19-2023, 04:41 AM

Default 2024 Quilting Goals

I don’t know where this year went but it sure did leave me in the dust! I did not even come close to my goals last year, not even one! It wasn’t for lack of anything but time! I was obviously very over optimistic as to what I could accomplish and this year I am going to set the bar much lower!

1: Still EQ8 I will not even go there! I will see how this year goes and perhaps add it to 2025.
2: Continue organizing fabrics and rehoming scraps after each project.
3: Get back on Etsy! This means round 2 of fabric reality.
4: Pick one quilt kit and finish it.

I am hoping for a much calmer 2024 and I know many of you feel the same way! I am looking forward to hearing your goals and finding inspiration from everyone!
Old 12-19-2023, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

Move some fabric out.

I have come to realize that acquiring fabric was more fun than actually using it.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:03 AM

My goal is to re-home fabric that I haven't used that I've had for a long time. Make a list of the quilts I really want to make for people. Clean out my sewing room and get rid of things I rarely use, gadgets I bought and forgot I had. Donate my scraps to my friend who makes tons of scrappy quilts. My biggest problem is that I play golf five days a week and that takes up a lot of my time. I need to find a balance between golf and sewing.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:31 AM

This is going to be a scrap year. I love scrap quilts and, belonging to two guilds, there always seems to be a need for community outreach quilts. So scrappy they will be!! My goal is one top a month. We shall see how I do.

And I would really like to get back to entering things in the local fairs...
Old 12-19-2023, 05:45 AM

I'm still working on 2019 Goals, can't even think about next year's goals. Right now I'm just hoping to finish my sofa throw pillows before the end of the month so I can say I got 2 projects done this year. One major project and one minor project. My brain is already frazzled with thinking on next year's projects for the house. Good luck to those that can make their goals realized.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:10 AM

My big goal is to get a long arm set up and then to finish off some of the many tops I have ready to go. I have a big enough space now, wish my budget for the machine was a bit bigger and could include robotics, but a frame and a stitch regulator will let me do what I want.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

I got a great tip from Sewbizgirl- practice FMQ ten minutes a day. It works! I'm getting better and better ( except for lately bc I had my second knee replacement.) I finished a quilt right before my surgery and am now more confident about my FMQ so my goal for 2024 is to finish a LOT of tops!!! I have way too many in my sewing room.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:40 AM

I didn't meet any of my goals this year, so my only goal for next year is:

Do more quilting! LOL

Happy Holidays everyone.
Rob
Old 12-19-2023, 09:37 AM

My goal is to make projects that *I* want to make.

The last few years I get caught up in every online BOM or sewalong or quiltalong. This year I just want to sew what I like.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:25 AM

This month I got shelves in my office. Today I moved my rainbow of fabrics into my office from totes in the garage. I got to pet my fabric.

I like LI diva’s goal; “ make projects *I* want to make.*
2. Finish some UFO’s.
3. Finish twin quilts for women’s restoration house