Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
3 years in the making >

3 years in the making

3 years in the making

Old 12-24-2023, 05:33 AM

Your quilt is a true labor of love and goes to show how far a mother will go to please one of her children. I applaud you! Your quilt has made me realize that this pattern could be used for a twin or full bed quilt I want to make for when we turn the sewing room into anothr bedroom in 2024. I posted before about having two jelly rolls of the same fabric and what pattern should I use...found my answer! Thanks toogie!
Old 12-24-2023, 06:51 AM

What a lovely quilt and what a great mom you are. It is very difficult to make a quilt that you don't like for some reason be it design or color. Watched this struggle by 2 moms in my quilting group. Both of their kids didn't every want a quilt but this year they decided they wanted one. Mom's were thrilled asked about pattern and color and one wanted all creams and the other wanted greys. They sent pattern selections and fabric options and finally decisions were made. Both were so glad when the quilts were done and presented to kids. The mom who made the greys came back and said that they acctually put it on their bed. My Hawaiian quilt teacher/friend has made a quilt for all her children/grandchildren and determines pattern and colors based on dicussion but final decision is hers because she knows if she doesn't like color/pattern she will never finish the quilt, so far she has made over 20 quilts.
Old 12-24-2023, 07:28 AM

I love it! I've always loved that pattern and your fabrics are beautiful.

As far as washing it, if she has a new-ish washing machine shouldn't have any problems. We have a king sized bed and I've made 2 quilts for it that are washed fairly often with no problem. The hardest thing is moving it from the washer to the dryer when its damp. It gets really heavy!
Old 12-24-2023, 09:04 AM

That is SO pretty! This was an American Patchwork and Quilting sew along a year or two ago... I started mine, but have not finished. All scrappy. I like yours with the coordinated fabric line.

You've made a wonderful gift for her. yes, I think most families have a challenge or two in their midst.
Old 12-24-2023, 09:45 AM

These daughter stories make me glad I have a son!
Beautiful quilt, Toogie. I admire you for finishing it.
Old 12-24-2023, 09:54 AM

What a wonderful quilt for your daughter.
Old 12-24-2023, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Bless you for being able to finish it!
Old 12-24-2023, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltBaer View Post
These daughter stories make me glad I have a son!
Beautiful quilt, Toogie. I admire you for finishing it.
I wanted to tell you, if memory serves me correctly, I started this right after the 2.5 in civil war fabrics you sent me. I was not ready to tackle another one, with yet again, 2.5 in sqs. It was King too and shams, remember? I had to laugh at your glad you have a son! I have a son then 2 daughters.
Old 12-24-2023, 09:56 PM

It's a beautiful quilt, Toogie! The pattern is a fun one. Your daughter is going to love it. I know what it feels like to be finished with a project that has been a stress-inducer. You have a right to be proud of your accomplishment.
Merry Christmas.

Leslie
Old 01-02-2024, 02:21 AM

Toogie.....How did the big reveal go with gifting your daughter the quilt? Did she love it or is Lynn, the quilter, loving it?
I hope it has a good home where it can be used and treasured for the work of art that it is.