Old 12-22-2023, 09:01 AM

Default Newbie

Hi! I found this board when searching for some ideas for block lotto for our guild. I am a modern quilter in Saskatchewan Canada. Been quilting 18 years and have been in the modern quilt world for 15 of those. My quilting love is Improv.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:03 AM

Well, welcome to the forum. Lots of good fun and help here. I"m sure you are to have a cold Christmas! Me, not so much. rain maybe.
Old 12-22-2023, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
Well, welcome to the forum. Lots of good fun and help here. I"m sure you are to have a cold Christmas! Me, not so much. rain maybe.
Thanks but so far this winter has been incredibly mild and no snow!! We moved back from BC this spring and I sure don’t miss the rain. But ask me when we gave our first blizzard lol
Old 12-24-2023, 04:57 AM

A big wave and warm welcome from Delaware! While I haven't done a lot of Improv, I do enjoy it. When I first started I thought it would be good for those days when I didn't have much brain power because with improv you just sew. HA! There was as much, or more, thought put into an improv quilt than following someone's pattern. For me they are like chips, you can't make just one.
Old 12-24-2023, 10:09 PM

Welcome, Laura, from Minnesota. I hope you find lots of inspiration and fun on the board. I haven't done improve quilting, but I appreciate the esthetics of it. I am looking forward to seeing your work. Maybe it will give me a push to try it out!

Leslie
Old 12-25-2023, 03:38 AM

Welcome from mid Maine. No snow here either. Glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing what you create.
Old 12-25-2023, 04:39 AM

Welcome from the Mitten State, Michigan. I am about an hour from the Lake Michigan and it is going to be a wet, rainy Christmas. This is a wonderful place to wander, explore and tell us about your experiences with what ever topic is at hand. We love photos and stories. Lots of excellent quilters that can lend a hand when needed. Everyone is welcome and welcoming.
Old 12-26-2023, 07:44 AM

A slightly belated welcome, I've been traveling this past week from Illinois to Michigan, after having moved from Seattle to Illinois earlier in the year.

I generally work in a more scrappy traditional look using modern techniques. In my former sewing group, one of the ladies was not really all that modern but was very improv. Some of seeing her work and that her process was different than my admittedly control freak style, but that the end results were lovely rubbed off on me.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your work -- it can take some of us a bit of time and trial and error to figure out how to post them, but I'm hoping maybe some of your modern will also rub off on me!