Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-26-2023, 02:30 PM

Not a race!
Not a race!
Not a race!
Old 12-26-2023, 03:46 PM

Hello all… beware..

Clue 5:
..if you plan on using the “alternate method” Bonnie has listed (drawing line on corner squares)..this is at the bottom of instructions..I would wait. You will see that your “2-corner only blocks” look nothing like Bonnie’s photograph of her actual block using her focus fabric.

It looks to me that it will make a difference in the quilt so I emailed her for clarification on the correct measurements for this method. I figured it out but I would prefer the update come from her if she makes one.
Old 12-26-2023, 03:55 PM

JeanieG, congratulations on your successful surgery! (Try not to overdo, and make time for those exercises!)

Teen, you seem to be saying that there is a correct way to do the drawing line method, with different measurements?

I believe I will do the larger set using the Deb Tucker Square in Square trim down tool, and the smaller sets using the traditional method. Thanks for the heads up!

Rff1010 -- definitely not a race. We have until next Halloween to finish.
Old 12-26-2023, 03:59 PM

Teen, not sure what you are seeing that I am not... Bonnie's focus fabric blocks were made with a different method/directions. She says (bottom of page 5 of the PDF):
If you are working with either of these methods, just leave the unsewn corners of the base square right where they are. No need to trim them off as it appears in the traditional rotary cutting directions.

I think this is why the units look different. Don't know why this is, part of the mystery but either her focus fabric technique will have another step or my flip blocks will or it will have to do with placement and trimming.

I didn't use a focus fabric, just the same dark blues I've been using. Not done sewing yet but all indigos and neutrals are cut and in progress.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:05 PM

Ok….thanks IB.. I didn’t see that note..or if I did, I read right over it. lol..
Old 12-26-2023, 07:39 PM

Finally finished clue 4. I'm going to make the complete square in a square blocks for clue 5, but think I'll wait on the partial blocks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clue 4.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	646761  
Old 12-27-2023, 01:47 AM

Made lots of progress today. Feeling good.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:07 AM

I'm not making rapid progress, but there is progress. My clue #4 sets are increasing in number, I am working on the sets of 6 for clue #3, and I've cut clue #5. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Old 12-28-2023, 08:17 AM

I am getting there for Clue 5 -- should be done today. Is starting to snow a bit (big fluffy flakes!) so will probably do a grocery run, not much in the house right now since we tried to use up things before our trip to Michigan. Also dealing with a terrible night of sleep/bad dreams. If I don't get done today, I'm closer than I have been for most of this project
Old 12-28-2023, 11:09 AM

I have completed Clue 4 and will be cutting Clue 5 today! I wonder what Bonnie will have in store for us tomorrow!!!