Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-29-2023, 08:39 AM

I should be able to work in the rest of my unused light blues on this clue; but first to catch up on earlier clues.

(I'm anticipating a reveal on Monday, as in earlier, pre-Covid mysteries, but I also know that Bonnie must be aware of how popular the slower finishes have been, so we'll see.)
Old 12-29-2023, 08:41 AM

Started out today with trimming the dog ears from Clue 4. I've got to believe we are going to start putting sub-units together next week! Maybe 2 clues?? until reveal but that's just a guess. Picture is a confusing set of some of my Clue 4s, showcasing in the center that fabric that Petthefabric and I are both using -- boy, it just goes with anything I throw at it.

I've got to admit I really thought that looking at what we had left we'd be using red sashing and tiny light blue squares around the focus fabric blocks... shows how well I can guess!

What I learned from Clue 2 (the last time we used these units) is that I will still cut the center red triangles the correct size and I will still cut the skinny triangles (Light Blue this time) over sized. Last time I cut the skinny triangles from a large rectangle, not sure if this time I will use a smaller strip, but I will definitely snub off the long tips I got from the rectangle. The long tips made them harder to chain piece than they needed to be and also didn't help my accuracy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clue 4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1,007.8 KB
ID:	646790  
Old 12-29-2023, 09:07 AM

I've got my clue 6 cut and ready to sew. I'll be working on the Merry Mayhem Mystery for New Years Day.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I've got to admit I really thought that looking at what we had left we'd be using red sashing and tiny light blue squares around the focus fabric blocks... shows how well I can guess!
You were right about the colors!

Your units look great!

This quilt is teaching me to appreciate navy more than I have in the past.
Old 12-29-2023, 11:38 AM

I have about half of the Clue 5 blocks cut out and just a few sewn together. I am not using a focus fabric, just the same navy fabric throughout! I had originally cut several corner triangles in a couple of fabrics and sewed a couple of two of them. When I thought more about this being a "focus" type block, I decided that I wanted all of this block to be the same. I think it will be in the middle of whatever block she puts together and I will like the symmetry of that look! Do you suppose Clue 6 is the final border? It seems like a lot of blocks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clue 5.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	646791  
Old 12-29-2023, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Do you suppose Clue 6 is the final border? It seems like a lot of blocks!
There is that spiky border around the square in square in square center motif in the main mystery photo. That's what all of these triangle in square units have reminded me of.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:04 PM

I bit the bullet today and bought a tri-rec ruler (50% coupon at JoAnns) and then a yard of red fabric for this weeks clues.

I'm super behind - but whatever.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:14 PM

I am in the "behind" group too. That is ok, we will get there. Love seeing and hearing about the progress everyone is making. I had a minor surgery on my ankle today. Seems I broke it a year and half ago, had to put off everything because hubby was ill. Now getting this taken care of, along with torn tendons. Limping around with a pneumatic boot on. What joy. I got out my tri rec ruler as well Rff1010, I just had the hardest time trying any other way. Now seems to be going along much quicker.

Old 12-29-2023, 05:11 PM

Yup, you can count me in the behind group. I do have clue 1, 2 and 3 done. Still working on clue 4 and cutting out clue 5. All I have done with clue 6 is download the instructions and saved it to my iPad.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:01 AM

I'm behind too, but that's OK. Making a quilt is supposed to be enjoyable, not work.