Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-30-2023, 06:03 AM

You alternate time line group are not behind -- you just are marching to a different beat. Although Bonnie has her schedule to follow (releasing clues on Friday), the rest of us are not tied to that. I will admit I feel better being caught up than I was when I wasn't...

Woke up early today, fortunately had a reasonable night sleep. Went downstairs and cut my red triangles, used two different but close reds. One is a slight tone darker and the other is a heavier weave.

I'm cutting my "skinny" triangles now, I am using oversized rectangles for fast cutting and then snubbing off the long pointy ends just like I thought I would -- which I hope is an improvement from last time. Came up for a coffee break because I made my first mistake of the day, I used up one of my small pieces by making all the cuts the same direction -- remember we need mirror images. We need to either have the fabric folded over, or make different diagonal slices. I had both my pieces right side up and sliced them at the same time ending up with 4 identical skinny triangles. Fortunately we aren't making matching sets so I took another small piece of fabric and made 4 of those as the mirror image. Took way too much mental effort to figure this stuff out -- hence the coffee break! Don't know if I'll start sewing today or not, hoping to get the cutting done and might call that good for the day.

Hope everyone is doing well. Don't pressure yourselves to hurry, keep repeating "this is supposed to be fun" and take breaks when it isn't.
Old 12-30-2023, 07:08 AM

Still chugging through clue 5. My it is taking it's sweet time. I am using the oversized triangle simple folded corners methos. Just finished the four side ones, now on to the 3 and 2 sided ones. Clue 1 totally finished, clues 2,3, and 4 cut, clue 5 in progress hopefully done today, and clue 6 printed out. Happy stitching and cutting everyone!
Old 12-30-2023, 07:57 AM

I've got clue 6 sewn up and trimmed and tucked away with the rest. For me, this mystery is the "Break" from another project, along with binding some quilts (down to one from four). So while I may be keeping on with it, I'm procrastinating on other things!

I am also taking advantage of having lots of time to sew. Once the house sells and we move south to easy "bothering" distance of family, my DD has lots of plans for me that will leave a lot less time to sew. That won't be a bad thing, I'm so looking forward to having their demands on my time after 20 years of seeing them only once every couple of years.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:09 AM

My clue 6 fabrics are pressed. I finally settled into a good rhythm for the paper piecing of clue 3, using clue 4 units as leader enders for 3 and 5. When clue 4 is finished, I'll switch over to the remainder of clue 2 for the leader enders. The idea of having a clean slate going into clue 6 is very appealing, and I hope I can use that to spur me on with the earlier clues. I really want to cut out those blues and red!
Old 12-30-2023, 10:00 AM

Sync; I’m right with you.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM

Almost out of fabric. Anyone else?
Old 12-30-2023, 02:16 PM

Is hard for me to tell, Toverly, but we must be ready to start putting things together with Friday's clue.

I did get my light blues cut without further incidents and then I'm getting lots of calls today. Think tomorrow is for sewing...

We don't do much for New Year's and I have no sewing group on Tuesday, think I should be done with the current clue by then, even if hubby and I do binge more seasons of Bosch... I am looking forward to new shows in 2024. Have never watched so much TV and movies as this past year and are running out of things we want to watch.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Is hard for me to tell, Toverly, but we must be ready to start putting things together with Friday's clue.

I did get my light blues cut without further incidents and then I'm getting lots of calls today. Think tomorrow is for sewing...

We don't do much for New Year's and I have no sewing group on Tuesday, think I should be done with the current clue by then, even if hubby and I do binge more seasons of Bosch... I am looking forward to new shows in 2024. Have never watched so much TV and movies as this past year and are running out of things we want to watch.
Iceblossom - Would you mind to list some of the shows/series you have watched, please?

Old 12-31-2023, 06:23 AM

I did sew a few test blocks last night. They are going together faster and smoother than last time. Should be done today.

Go go Macybaby! I am still having problems with distraction/discipline and looking at squirrels out in the back...

For RN-Quilter --

I know I will forget a bunch of them. On our move and stays in AirBnBs and with time on our hands we went through a number of movies and series plus it was HOT once we got here and we were very thankful for A/C. Most of these are on Netflix or Prime, there are other show we would watch but don't have the streaming services to watch them -- so no Disney owned, HBO or Apple among others. LOL all of this is in the last six months or so. We also watched most recent movies with RedBox rentals, except for the Top Gun remake. We have not seen either Barbie or Oppenheimer. Hubby prefers binging, I'm fine with more episodic/weekly releases. We are looking forward to a number of shows resuming in 2024.

Stranger Things (worth the hype, one season 3?? not as good as the others, looking forward to the last season)
Witcher (all seasons and the Blood Origin prequel)
Lincoln Lawyer (both seasons)
Bosch (we saw one season of Legacy, we are currently at Season 3?? of the first series)
Reacher (season 1, we will binge Season 2 after we are done binging Bosch)
Sweet Tooth
Dark
Longmire
Joe Pickett (meh, knowing the books I had some issues as did the Author...)
Meat Eater (Steve Rinella, non-fiction hunting show)
Great British Bake Off (and Celebrity/other editions)
Grand Design (British show about people building dream homes, restoring castles etc. 24 seasons I'm not done yet!!)
Locke and Key
Lockwood and Company
The Night Agent

Still on the list but not started yet,
Squid Games (the original)
Peaky Blinders
Old 12-31-2023, 07:35 AM

Guess what? I am not behind anymore! Want to know how I did it? I decided I am making a smaller version and only doing half now. Lol, yes, that is my solution. It has freed me from trying to get caught up, no more waking up and thinking I have to get going on it. I have half of the units done so that is what I am going with.. If I see the reveal and absolutely love it then I can make the rest if I want. Now I am just enjoying it so much more.