Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend—New Years Eve and New Years Day >

Virtual Quilting Weekend—New Years Eve and New Years Day

Virtual Quilting Weekend—New Years Eve and New Years Day

Old 12-31-2023, 05:53 AM

A nice number in, but I am out. This weekend is already booked. I spent yesterday, New Year's Eve eve, binding a quilt and adding the label. Now it is ready for gifting today, my final Christmas celebration. I will meet ya'll in your sewing room, sewing space or studio on January 12-15.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:23 AM

I am working on a single bed sized scrappy double four patch donation top. If I finish it today, it will be my last finish for 2023. A bit of a tall order, considering what still needs to be put together. BUT, if I finish it tomorrow...it would be my first finish for 2024!! Hmmm....decisions...decisions...
Old 12-31-2023, 06:35 AM

Thank you for bringing us together again, Heather.

I am working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery, I should be caught up today with the next clue not coming out until Friday.

I am also/still working on the border for my Christmas String quilt. I have a bunch of pieces cut -- I think enough. I find in this sort of thing I am not a good guesser -- either it takes a kazillion more pieces than I cut, or I have a kazzilion left overs. For the center I had cut a bunch of pieces too small to use well, I've combined those with other pieces to make them long enough and will put them in the border. Those have all been sewn to a solid piece. Next round will be to sew two solid pieces together, then the round after that will be starting to put them on the paper backings, And then of course, I'll have to take them off the paper to put on the quilt.

We have a bunch or real life issues we are dealing with, but this week I'm staying in the safety and comfort of quilting. We had a little bit of snow earlier this week and have groceries and no need to leave the house,so I'm staying put!
Old 12-31-2023, 06:40 AM

I am in. Ready to put these blocks together this is pattern from a picture my sis sent me. Must have been on Facebook. Then I will start another with 9P and rail fence blocks
Dang, I can’t download my pic.
Old 12-31-2023, 08:54 AM

NYD I plan to work on the Merry Mayhem mystery, am making the nap size for a comfort quilt. My DD sent me a link to a motivational speaker that starts in half an hour, and my Sis is coming for lunch….hmmmm….not sure when I will get the stitching started on the baby quilt. All is good! Look forward to seeing what everyone is up to as the hours whiz by!
Old 12-31-2023, 11:23 AM

My Forest Galorest will have to come down off the design wall, the bear needs stitched, but will need to wait now until I get this zig zag baby quilt up there! Squishing in a few stitches until my Sis arrives 😀
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2197.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	646830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2199.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	646831  
Old 12-31-2023, 12:33 PM

I am sad. I have 2 charity projects that just need binding. I'm one.of.those weirdos who doesn't mind binding BUT the dual feed foot on my main machine broke, so machine is at the doctor. Tried using my backup machine and it's skipping stitches on the binding.
Loaded another charity on the longarm. I will keep busy even if it's not the original plan!
Old 12-31-2023, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

LOVE that forest quilt, Thimblebug! Looks like a McKenna Ryan pattern? It's wonderful!
Old 12-31-2023, 03:37 PM

happylab--I wish you luck with all your QALs. I know what you might be working on during future VQWs

thimblebug6000--how did the quilt til you wilt go?

lindaschipper--cleaning out and organizing may re-energize you. I'm always amazed by what I find (again!) when I go through things in my room

GingerK--so is it a last finish for 2023 or first finish for 2024?

Rff1010--I feel your frustration with your machines not cooperating.

Bonnie Hunter fans--good luck working on the clues, I have lots of friends who work on BH but I've never done one yet.

I finished the binding on my quilt so I'm thrilled! I have a quilt laid out on design wall and another with the rows pieced ready to work on tomorrow. This has been quite productive for me so far, hopefully tomorrow is too.

Old 01-01-2024, 06:46 AM

Yea! I marked the loopy lines to follow for quilting on the seahorse, but not background. I'm ready to sandwich today! Love this project, but I am chomping at the bits to start next pixel. I ordered all batiks for it!