Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2024 Quilting Goals >

2024 Quilting Goals

2024 Quilting Goals

Old 12-29-2023, 10:15 AM

My goal is to finish one quilt...I have three in progress.
Old 12-29-2023, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
My goal is to try to get rid of fabric as I don't quilt as much anymore. I can use that space where I have fabric for other uses. All in all I probably have one tote I could fill up. Not bad after reading some of the stash you gals have..
Me too! Me too!!!
Old 12-30-2023, 07:57 PM

My goal is to delete fabric that I know I'll never use (famous last words).
Old 01-01-2024, 04:54 AM

To everyone who made suggestions on how to quilt my One Block Wonder - thank you! Your encouragement and that of my son and husband was the push I apparently needed. I worked hard on Stitching in the Ditch, got it quilted (learned a lot in the process) and it's bound. It really wasn't as hard as I had worked it up to be in my head. LOL I already have my next quilt ready and waiting to quilt - this time something more challenging that Ditch quilting is in my near future. Happy New Year to All.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I got a great tip from Sewbizgirl- practice FMQ ten minutes a day. It works! I'm getting better and better ( except for lately bc I had my second knee replacement.) I finished a quilt right before my surgery and am now more confident about my FMQ so my goal for 2024 is to finish a LOT of tops!!! I have way too many in my sewing room.
Great tip!!! 10 minutes a day should get me there. BUT, it takes me another 10 minutes to swap out my quilting foot. I hate doing that more than anything!
Old 01-01-2024, 06:56 AM

One, I'm joining a guild.

Two, I plan to make more "I Spy" quilts. I made a small one for my sister's best friend's grandson. I really enjoyed making it. I have plenty of charms. They always bring a smile to my face. I remember my late husband's 3 year-old great-granddaughter joyfully playing "I Spy with my little eye" with him. It's a happy memory that I can share with a quilt.

bkay
Old 01-01-2024, 11:18 AM

Pick up every piece of fabric, and every block, and make time for quilting a priority, and finish the 3 quilts in progress I now am working on.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:50 AM

My goal is to spend 15 minutes sewing a day. I doubt I'll be able to do it every day, but I want to at least four times a week. I also want to try ruler work on my long arm and finish all my tops.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:01 PM

I was successful I finishing all of my 2023 projects and leave no UFO’s on the table. I have an Ender/Leader project at my sewing table and will work on some drapery valances for my home this year with matching pillows. I will participate in one mystery project beginning January 15th hosted by Bear Creek quilting…other than that, just taking on projects that bring me joy.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:47 AM

I want to sew down my stash. I have too much fabric. :P