Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Superior Threads sold!? >

Superior Threads sold!?

Superior Threads sold!?

Old 08-17-2020, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

Funny how things start ( going around) a couple years after the happening. Their products are still as good as they were 2 years ago when this change took place- the customer service is still great, still a great resource.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:01 PM

thank you Julia for tracking this down. I'm relieved that Superior's sale was that long ago and maybe problem with stocking is more pandemic related. so more hope!
Old 08-18-2020, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

Rumors can and usually do run amuk.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:24 PM

I just did a google search..yikes! I searched for who owns craft americana, they are owned by premier needle arts, who owns them? Blue Point Capital Partners ! They are an investment firm that buys businesses to make a profit, or sell, or both. Is nothing in this country mom and pop anymore? I was trying to see of it was U.S. owned, (it is), but by a series of holding companies.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:58 PM

I don't know who in the chain of ownership is responsible, but I won't deal with Knitpicks or any corporation affiliated with it. Several years ago, Knitpicks had a massive data breach which they knew about for several months -- but didn't tell their customer base so they could protect themselves. When the news finally broke that they were the ones responsible for a sudden rash of stolen credit information, the company was like "Oh, yeah, that. Too bad. Not our problem."

My sister was one of those affected. Her credit card company called the house to cheerfully inform her that her card was about to be cancelled and the new one should be on its way in a week or so. Thank the gods that her DH was home and answered the phone. Sister was 500 miles away at the bedside of her dying son (cancer)and was depending on that card for her motel and meals. BIL persuaded them not to cancel it, since they hadn't seen any fraudulent activity. She used to buy from Knitpicks a lot but not any more.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

Wonderfil has excellent threads and I have started to use more of that brand. I can say bye to Superior if need be.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:00 AM

I received an email from Superior Threads and listed Connecting Threads at the bottom so I started doing research and came across this it being talked about here.

Well, this is sad. I LOVE Superior Threads thread but wondered why their sales had changed couple of years ago - now I know why.
But if they're owned by investment firm Blue Point Capital Partners then I want to find another thread to use whether I love Superior Threads or not because who knows what will happens to the quality if it's sold off in the future.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:11 AM

old news, but nothing has changed about their thread quality. The original owners still run the business.
Old 01-11-2024, 02:52 PM

Ditto what Kalama said. You're fretting about something that hasn't happened.
Old 01-11-2024, 03:00 PM

I wouldn't call it fretting...I would call it a case of "don't know what could happen since it's owned by an investment firm (and investment firms are known to sell companies) so we don't know what the future could hold and I hope to find another thread I like as much as Superior Threads just in case this happens" type of thing.