Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 01-12-2024, 06:33 PM

Clue 2 is done! I've moved on to clue 5, and the QST from clue 7, since they both use the same blue; also continuing with the interminable clue 3.
Old 01-13-2024, 08:35 AM

Go go Joe'sMom -- while you are working on Clue 3 make sure you make the correct number of units (she added some).

I just finished my full layout of the blocks. Think I have all the blocks the correct directions and while there are some really similar fabrics next to each other, there are no fabrics touching each other or otherwise "too close". Even if I had a design wall, my downstairs sewing room walls are too short for this project (as was the queen sized bed), so good thing I currently have an empty room that was easily dog-proofed. I do have enough floor downstairs but the dogs go in/out that way.

The random layout went super easy this time, less than half an hour, maybe because I did have so many fabrics. Now I don't look at it for about an hour and then look to see if anything jumps out at me. I'm ok with my random placement of the brighter reds. If everything looks good, I will safety pin little Column/Row labels (A1, etc.) in the upper left of each block and maybe start pinning the blocks together. For diagonally set quilts I use the diagonal rows, so starting in the upper left, I have A with 11 blocks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6474.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	647052  
Old 01-13-2024, 10:25 AM

Awesome Iceblossom!!! I love this quilt! I have all the edges to make, but because I am only doing half size it should not take too long! My project for today!!
Old 01-13-2024, 03:54 PM

I'm still working on clue 5, that's taking a while. I'm almost finished cutting out clue 6 and 7. I do have enough pieces so I can start on a few blocks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1086.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	647054  
Old 01-13-2024, 05:37 PM

Well, I am so dissappointed with one of the neutrals I used on my quilt! I put the completed blocks on my display board and stood back! Ugh!!! What I thought I would just love, is just too busy for me! So I have to take apart four B blocks, plus a whole lot of the red amd white tirangles! Started that this afternoon!
Old 01-13-2024, 08:17 PM

Finally got started with part 3s. I made 2 - not 2 sets, just 2 blocks.

"All progress is good. Not a race. One day at a time"
​​​​​​
we shall see what tomorrow brings
Old 01-15-2024, 05:45 AM

Sync, your colors are so striking. It will be a beautiful quilt!
Old 01-15-2024, 06:37 PM

Clue 3 - 6 sets done, 6 in progress (I could have finished it too! - if it wasn't for this meddling bedtime. #scooby-doo)
​​​​​​
thank you whomever suggested doing as leaders and enders- it truly is less painful.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:39 PM

I got sidetracked today, hope to get back to work tomorrow. I'm making good progress on clue 5 and the QST for block A.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:56 AM

Good going to all that are continuing to make progress!

I've had very little motivation for anything the last few days. My sewing group cancelled again due to icy driveways and residential streets. We will have a high above zero today -- something like 3 degrees! Next couple of days will be in the double digits but still below freezing. I left Alaska in 1983 and this is my first below zero in 40 years!!

I got my position labels pinned on the quilt. I did move a couple of blocks but nothing major, just a couple of "too close'. I think I will take be doing some sewing today but maybe just on my Christmas String quilt border. Hard to say. Might just watch too much tv again. For now, it's a good time for another cup of coffee