Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 01-20-2024, 09:09 AM

The weather has not been good to everyone. We were supposed to get up to 10" of snow and have blizzard conditions, but it went south of us and all we got was a couple of inches and single digit temps. No disruption of services in anything. We had planned to be snowed in at home and were ready. Our driveway is about 1/4 mile long and we are not at the top of the list for plowing so we thought it would be at least a day before out snowplow guy got to us and as it ended up, we didn't need any plowing.
The only deadline we have to be concerned with is Ricky's final deadline of showing completed quilts - the timetable between now and then can be as flexible as necessary to meet everyone's circumstances.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:11 PM

Default Brrrr

Originally Posted by c joyce View Post
The weather has not been good to everyone. We were supposed to get up to 10" of snow and have blizzard conditions, but it went south of us and all we got was a couple of inches and single digit temps. No disruption of services in anything. We had planned to be snowed in at home and were ready. Our driveway is about 1/4 mile long and we are not at the top of the list for plowing so we thought it would be at least a day before out snowplow guy got to us and as it ended up, we didn't need any plowing.
The only deadline we have to be concerned with is Ricky's final deadline of showing completed quilts - the timetable between now and then can be as flexible as necessary to meet everyone's circumstances.
All I can say is “Brrrrr!” We haven’t had an ice storm like this in years. Pretty much shut us all down for a week. I did finally leave house yesterday to go to work for most of the day (gotta make payroll). Today, actually drove around and made a porch drop to Peckish!

Now to concentrate on Tidbits!
Old 01-21-2024, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ShawneeOR View Post
All I can say is “Brrrrr!” We haven’t had an ice storm like this in years. Pretty much shut us all down for a week. I did finally leave house yesterday to go to work for most of the day (gotta make payroll). Today, actually drove around and made a porch drop to Peckish!

Now to concentrate on Tidbits!
I hope you're being very careful driving around in that mess!
Old 01-21-2024, 11:55 AM

I’’ m from Texas. Most hate the cold. I kind of like it. Not Ice.
Old 01-21-2024, 12:50 PM

Got the porch drop, thank you Shawnee! Sorry about the doorbell, hubby finally noticed and fixed it.
Old 01-22-2024, 12:37 PM

@1CharmShort I let my husband handle the ice-dancing/driving!
Old 01-22-2024, 12:38 PM

@Peckish I had wanted to have the next round ready for you as well, but didn't happen. This weekend!

Shawnee

PS - yeah for handy husbands!
Old 01-22-2024, 12:53 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Peckish, I have no idea what bag you’re referring to so would guess it’s fine wherever you fling it!😂

Hopefully the PNW turtles are staying warm and safe. I won’t complain about the weather here dipping into the high forties! After 55 years of Massachusetts’ winters I am blessed to be down here enjoying the sunshine.

I have not touched the flimsy for this month yet and already have next month’s waiting to be opened! 😂

We will get there fellow 🐢
Old 01-26-2024, 06:59 AM

I cannot tell you all how grateful I am for your patience and support for one another as we try to get our challenges done. The work you all are doing on these flimsies is gorgeous! I am so impressed by everyone's ingenuity and cleverness in meeting the challenge.

I am still working on my tidbits so I am running behind. Hang in there everyone! Winter weather will be over soon. New challenges await to inspire and push us to our limits!
Old 01-26-2024, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by c joyce View Post
Thank you!