Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HQ16 owners--I need help >

HQ16 owners--I need help

HQ16 owners--I need help

Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM

thanks brushandthimble....I have changed needles...it does seem like this thread needs the size 18 instead of size 16.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I have had my HQ16 for 3.5 years, been there done that.
I no longer fill my bobbins completely, I manually stop the bobbin winder before completely filling, eliminated alot of issues.

Originally Posted by misoop
Eastermarie...I'll do that. As I've found out on my quilts, it WILL happen again...just hope not as bad as this was!!! Still can't figure out what caused it to happen, when it was going along just fine....then I had to refill a bobbin and Wham!! There was no lint, threads, etc....stopping up anything. Makes you wonder. I've had this to happen before when I had to refil a bobbin and start again. Any ideas, anyone? If so, I'd like to know....I'll try to avoid that, too. :)
I think these machines have their own personaliies. My Fusion does not like it when I put in a bobbin that is not completely full. If I start a project with a half of a bobbin, I know I will have issues. I know it doesn't make sense, but my machine just doesn't like it.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 PM

Sadiemae, I think you're right. I have noticed the bobbin issue, too. I think mine's personality, is "bobbin too low."
Old 05-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Well this never-ending saga is just that....never-ending. I hope the soldier who gets this quilt, has a clue as to what kind of hours went into this for him/her. :) Oh well, the soldier is so deserving, it doesn't matter....look what he/she is doing for me. Back to the saga...got my machine all good with the tension problem. I had left the quilting in on the first part that did OK. Tried to repin it back on the leaders....CANNOT get it on straight. I've repinned it 4 times....OK!!!! I'm just going to rip ALL the quilting out and try to start from scratch AGAIN!!! I'm working on some of it tonight, and my DH will work on it tomorrow. I'm so lucky that he loves to take out my stitches that are messed up. He's my #1 seam ripper!! :) Thanks....I needed to vent some more!!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:56 PM

I had very similar problems with my HQ16. I called the shop where I bought it and they told me to be sure all connections were tight. That did the trick. One of the cables was loose.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 AM

I am contemplating buying a long arm when I go to the Houston Quilt Show in November. Thanks to all of you, I think I just had the best lesson I could have ever have had for figuring out problems. There is so much experience here that is so freely shared & I feel totally blessed to have become a member of this board.

I live in South Louisiana. We are so humid here, that we could never leave any thread in the elements & expect it to work properly. I had been thinking about putting my long arm in an area that didn't have constant AC or Heating. After reading this, I am rethinking where it is gonna go. Who needs 3 bedrooms when all your kids live local? Not me.

Thanks for all the great advice!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 AM

I agree that this forum is a great blessing of help!! Despite all my problems last week with getting my tension correct....I was soooo frustrated, but I learned more about my machine from this experience and feel much more comfortable with adjustments, etc. Thanks again, everyone!! What a wealth of help.....quilters are the best!!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:18 AM

Have another question for the long-armers....If you have railroad tracks on the top of your quilt, but your underneath stitches look fine...if your top tension too tight or too loose? I'm STILL learning!! Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:50 AM

Default I am struggling with all of these issues too!

I have wasted more than 2 hours and have not solved my issue. Now, I have eyelashes on the back of my quilt, I tighten the top tension and the thread breaks. I noticed that the bobbin thread was harder to pull out but when I take it out of the machine, it seems perfect. I hope someone can help.
Old 01-28-2024, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by MAKHQ View Post
I have wasted more than 2 hours and have not solved my issue. Now, I have eyelashes on the back of my quilt, I tighten the top tension and the thread breaks. I noticed that the bobbin thread was harder to pull out but when I take it out of the machine, it seems perfect. I hope someone can help.
You might want to start a new thread about this. This thread is 13 years old.