Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 01-31-2024, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

Today I received a package from Quossum, thank you!

Am I posting these correctly?
Old 01-31-2024, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Today I received a package from Quossum, thank you!

Am I posting these correctly?
You’re doing great, SusieQOH! Some people mention each packet they get in a post, like you’re doing, and others keep a list and keep adding to it, posting the whole list each time.

So long as those of us who sent our candies can find a message that they’re received, we’re all good!

I’m glad to see that mine arrived; I was starting to be a little concerned, but I think the mail seems to be moving slower these days. Grrr…

(I say all this as a relative newbie myself; last year was my first year. Veterans of the exchange, feel free to jump in with your thoughts!)

Old 01-31-2024, 04:49 PM

Good thoughts, Quossum. It is always helpful to hear not just from the veterans but also this year's newbies and last year's newbies too. You have a fresh perspective and can give all of us tips and pointers.

SuzieQOH, you are postings are fine. You will soon see that swappers post differently and according to what works for them. After a month or two we all begin to understand the process and it always works.

FYI, I keep track of postings too and if it gets close to a birthday and an individual's name hasn't popped up I will give them a nudge or often then will post a reason for a late or almost late delivery. As I recall, last year we had one swapper who had a couple of packages fly off into "postal system never never land" and we offered grace while she re-mailed a package. It just happens from time to time. In addition, if something unexpected happens and you know know you can't get your package in the mail on time send a PM to me and the birthday swapper. We can manage that individually via PM.

Only ten more days and we will have our first Swapper Birthday! Whoo Hoo!
Old 01-31-2024, 07:45 PM

Thank you to all who are posting ideas for candies quilts! I haven't started one yet, even with all these extras around me (I got too excited cutting up batches for the swap and made a few extra). Fortunately my candy packages are ready to go for the next few months because I'm suddenly hit with two parents with medical problems at once. It might be a few weeks before any quilts get started. My dad is moving to assisted living in 2 days and I'm taking off work to try to make it happen fast. No time to make him a "housewarming" quilt but I have one just finished which I think he will love.

SusieQOH, what was the mailing method you thought was most successful?
Old 01-31-2024, 10:34 PM
Power Poster

Pamelor, I'm sorry to hear of the medical problems your parents are having. Hope they are resolved quickly.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:51 AM

Pamelor, I am so sorry to hear about your parents. It is hard now but when you can take a breath, you will feel more at ease. Yes, I among others here have faced that journey too. Don't pressure yourself to make a 2.5 quilt until your life is settled. We are just sending out ideas so we have lots of choices to use our collections of candies.

Oh be careful what you say about 2.5's they will grow on you and as you accumulate your own from the small leftover pieces of other quilts, they will flourish, multiply and magically fill your spaces. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Old 02-01-2024, 05:21 AM

Pamelor, I’m sorry to hear of your parents’ medical issues. I wish you all the best on this new and difficult journey.

WMUTeach is so right. Candy squares multiply when you aren’t looking.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:32 AM

Hi Pamelor, It is very hard to focus on quilts when dear relatives are ill. Take your time as you help your parents. The quilts will wait patiently for you. You may end up dragging your sewing machine to their new place to get some sewing done, too, once things settle down. Candies work great as portable projects. Best wishes for the best possible outcomes. Sincerely, ibex94
Old 02-01-2024, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Only ten more days and we will have our first Swapper Birthday! Whoo Hoo!
Uh oh.... time to cut my fabric into candies.... I'm not late yet! Thanks for the reminder, WMUTeach!
Old 02-01-2024, 06:16 AM

Thank you all for well wishes! I suspected many of you have already done this and made it through, I'm not the first and that's comforting. Ibex94, what a great idea! I absolutely could take the machine (or some paper piecing) over to the new place. Yay! I want to spend some significant time there so he doesn't feel so alone. Could also just take fabric and cutting board to cut more candies, altnough...maybe not, since it sounds like they spontaneously generate anyway