Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 02-02-2024, 09:52 AM

Iceblossom, I really like your backing fabic! It seems to tie all of your blues together. Your blue sides to your red triangles are nowhere near the extreme variance that I have. I think they look fine in Bonnie's arrangement.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:11 AM

Iceblossom - Your hubby has real good taste, so glad you have him!!! I agree with his assessment also! That will be beautiful!
Old 02-02-2024, 01:20 PM

I used to follow Bonnie religiously but that stopped a few years ago when I had an accident that put me out of commission for a while. I kinda like this one -- think I'll make it in Halloween fabrics, though. And I definitely have enough Christmas fabrics to do another.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:45 PM

Apples&Oranges -- I hope you make and show us your Halloween version! Before the final review I was thinking about a Halloween version with orange instead of red and purple as the dark blue with green as the light blue... maybe with black as the neutral, it would be a very definite switch. Having seen the reveal, maybe making the red triangles into black witches hats and still using a light background would work. Would love to see what you come out with!!

My warning again to print out the clues now or to wait a couple weeks to buy the non-mystery version.

Not related -- but I do think the universe is telling me something by the picture quality, all were taken pretty much at the same time, the same way, and used the same camera, but the Hubby's favorite sure came out best in quality. I think I will be going with that, I already have the dark blue cut after all. Still considering what to do with the corners, keep with the red/blue HST I already have or make new ones that are more easily mitered.

I appreciate the positive feedback on the back -- part of me wants to go more navy. Part of me says it's fine and it's in stash and I already bought fabric for this mystery...
Old 02-02-2024, 02:20 PM

Iceblossom -- I'm CRAZY about anything blue. My "Blue and White Quilts" category on Pinterest is FULL of quilts I want to make. Just because they are blue and white. I will definitely try to get a pic up when I get it done. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I kinda have a bit of Halloween fabric around here -- somewhere! 😂
Old 02-03-2024, 07:15 PM

Have a cold so a little brain dead - decided to do clue 5 (stitch & flip) so got a bunch done . Finished my Clue 3 (Mary Triangle) and said To Heck With It and made 4 Block A's. Tomorrow I'll make some Block Bs. It's nice to start seeing the product. Plan is still a straight set...but open to change.

And I lost my new tri rec ruler. It's not in any of the obvious places....
Old 02-04-2024, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Have a cold so a little brain dead - decided to do clue 5 (stitch & flip) so got a bunch done . Finished my Clue 3 (Mary Triangle) and said To Heck With It and made 4 Block A's. Tomorrow I'll make some Block Bs. It's nice to start seeing the product. Plan is still a straight set...but open to change.

And I lost my new tri rec ruler. It's not in any of the obvious places....
I have lost my Tri rec ruler frequently. Sometimes it has been years before it resurfaced. also the same with Bonnie's triangle ruler. So, now I have purchased several of those rulers that do the same thing in hopes that I might find at least one of them when the need arises. I think that is all one can do! ummm...maybe if I attach one of those "tile" things to each ruler?
Old 02-04-2024, 02:28 PM

I’m kind of at a standstill again…just can’t decide on my borders if I like this one or perhaps alternating 3 inch squares using all the colors
Old 02-04-2024, 04:15 PM

Carol in WI! I didn't realize you were here. It's good to see you, and I hope you are doing well.

Regarding alternative borders, I'm not able to visualize things very well. I don't know if something will work until I actually see it. If you've been taking audition photos, we'd love to see them!
Old 02-05-2024, 07:20 AM

Hi Joe's mom
Thanks for the welcome back response.....actually I've been having so much trouble with computers that I now had two "names"...granny 12 and Carol in WI. It seems that the later is the one I should be using. But now I'm having difficulty posting pictures again; seems I am even more computer handicapped than I thought. My latest issue is posting a picture from my cell phone. I think I've decided upon a border and will post a picture once it is sewn on.