Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 02-03-2024, 11:09 AM

Oh my SusieQOH! This sounds like a nightmare and not your first ER adventure. Hoping for a good outcome for you. I get what they say about "take time for you" in these situations but obviously that doesn't happen when your loved ones need you. Hoping by your birthday it will be better and you'll be celebrating and opening candies...
Old 02-03-2024, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

SusieQ, so sorry about your hospital experience. Hope your hubby heals up quickly. I've been there and done that with my husband too. He lost 1/3 of his colon to gangrene a few years ago and had to have the ileostomy for three months. He was blessed that they were able to put it back together and get rid of the ostomy, finally. It's quite a thing! Hope you can get some rest during this stressful time.

I'm relieved my card finally made it to you. I mailed it with Janice's and hers got to her right away. Hope you enjoy your birthday candies.
Old 02-03-2024, 04:09 PM

SuzieQOH, Oh my goodness. "What a nightmare" is an understatement. Prayers going forward for you both. Breathe and sleep while you can. What a miracle that medicine can intervene and be successful. (((Hugs)))

JaniceMcC you are way ahead of me but who is racing? Aiming to finish the CC top this month. That will make me happy. Should probably start looking for a backing somewhere in my stash.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-03-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:51 PM

WMUTeach, somewhere in the last few days I read something about “February Finishes” being a thing. I thought I could finish the CC top at least and quilt it myself later. I also think I’ll get at least one other top to the Long Armer next week. Just need to prep the backing and the binding. Shoot, I think I need to stay stitch that one, too. I have a small quilt that needs the binding hand stitched down on the back. Something else to finish this month. I have a lot going on in the next couple of months and the push to get some projects done is strong. In a way I’m racing myself and my self-imposed deadlines. I do better with a little pressure or quilts languish in my sewing room.
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
…JaniceMcC you are way ahead of me but who is racing? Aiming to finish the CC top this month. That will make me happy. Should probably start looking for a backing somewhere in my stash.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:19 AM

JaniceMcC, I have always thought of myself as non-competitive but I have learned over the years that I work better with a goal and a timeline. I compete with myself. I discovered in my career life that "Get that (fill in the blank) to me soon" just did not work for me. I need a deadline. Then I can make it. It helps me focus and not get distracted. This year I have set myself the goals of one 2.5 top per month and one UFO finished. Yup, a race with myself, my stash, and my desire to puzzle out and try new patterns. One month down and I am already behind by one UFO.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:59 AM

Susie, hugs and prayers for a strong recovery for your husband.
Old 02-04-2024, 08:27 AM

SusieQ, sorry about your hubby hope he heals quickly and you can get some sleep
Old 02-04-2024, 08:51 AM

SusieQ, Prayers to the both of you! ♡♡
Old 02-04-2024, 08:54 AM

My two February greetings were mailed yesterday. I hope it is not too late.
Old 02-04-2024, 10:28 AM

Sunday morning sunshine and prayers to you and DH susieQ. This aging thing is not what I expected it to be!