Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Old 02-16-2024, 04:35 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with big plans for the weekend!

lindaschipper--Happy Birthday!

pamelor--I'm sorry about your dad, hopefully he's doing better.

I was at a meeting all morning so didn't get to do much until this afternoon. I have two quilts sandwiched and ready to quilt. Would love to have them finished by Tuesday. I machine bind so it is possible. Tomorrow I'll be working on hand work part of the day.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:24 PM

Finished the 7 blue placemats that I had started last sew day for Meals on Wheels, and made the 2 pink/red ones totally today. Our guild is trying to get more people donating by challenging us to use a colour a month. January was blue and Feb. was pink/red…. Not sure whether they will get more participation or not, as I was the only one working on them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2336.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	647531  
Old 02-16-2024, 05:32 PM

I will be joining you this weekend. My project will be working on finishing up my March block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2024. Hugs Katie
Old 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM

Cjsews, that is a stunning quilt! Really like the pattern.
thimblebug, the calming blue in your placemats is beautiful. The red ones are cute too!

Last edited by pamelor; 02-16-2024 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:53 AM

Finished the label for DH’s quilt. He didn’t like the colour of it - I was trying a thicker material to see if my machine embroidery works better - it does but he didn’t like the white. 🙄. Will try again tomorrow but the embroidery will be a bit wonky as I only have thin cotton in the right blue.

Only have one side of the hand stitched binding to go! I have hidden all the thread ends (and there were many!)
🤞 I might finish this quilt tomorrow!
Old 02-17-2024, 02:54 AM

A special thank you to Dedemac abd Raggiemom for the birthday wishes. Got a little sewing done, but a lot more cutting of fabric.
Lunch with my husband and phone calls from kids and friends Plus the mail lady left a post it note wishing me Happy Birthday, in our box after noticeing the birthday cards she was delivering. Who knew turning 72 could be so nice...LOL
Old 02-17-2024, 04:31 AM

I got a lot of sewing in yesterday-yea. Checked on Mom in the morning, and then hit the seafood store. (Fresh black drum, fried, for dinner. Shrimp for tonight!) After that, uninterrupted piecing. I don't know if it is the batik fabrics, but this pixel quilt is going together quickly. I'm happy with one block per day, but I am way ahead of schedule! Plus, I can see it coming together on the design wall.

Name:	pixel naut.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	647532  
Old 02-17-2024, 04:42 AM

I'm doing a bit of hand quilting on a rather large wool on cotton project. I have only a little hand quilting left to do and then to add a few embelishments and bind. This piece got set aside for about 3 years and I will be happy to say it is complete and off my To Do list.

Happy 72nd birthday Lindaschipper. My birthday is Sunday and I will be 72 too. I never thought I'd live to be this age, but it's grand :-)
Old 02-17-2024, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I got a lot of sewing in yesterday-yea. Checked on Mom in the morning, and then hit the seafood store. (Fresh black drum, fried, for dinner. Shrimp for tonight!) After that, uninterrupted piecing. I don't know if it is the batik fabrics, but this pixel quilt is going together quickly. I'm happy with one block per day, but I am way ahead of schedule! Plus, I can see it coming together on the design wall.
Fun watching your progress on these pixel quilts! I had never heard of black drum, google says it is comparable to Red Snapper which we enjoy!
Old 02-17-2024, 03:48 PM

It's been a good day, but not quite the order I was expecting. I got the four blocks for the topper pressed and together then found some strips to frame it for the first border. I wanted a picture frame effect so same color family but different style of print. While looking thru a bin for a dark brown for the next border I ended up finding 70 HST's that were left over from one of my quilts about 2 years ago? Decided to finally sort the (To be sorted) bin and found some dark brown that would work but thought that I would press the HST's and see if they would work a a extra border. I'm leaning towards the ribbon stripe over the saw tooth. But will have to think more on it. I also was able to work on my DGS's kilt to resize it, I have it to the point that I have to sew the waist band back on but need to change thread color so was procrastinating on that.
DH just put dinner in the oven so after dinner I think we will sit in the family room and I will do some hand work. DH has been working out in his shop or in the music room today so I had space to play with fabric in the dinning room.
Here's a pic of the border options any suggestions? These are all orphan or left over blocks, so just sewing for fun.
Sorry the picture is a little dark.

Name:	DSCI0613c.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	647536