Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sapphire 930 thread cutter >

Sapphire 930 thread cutter

Sapphire 930 thread cutter

Old 02-17-2024, 09:13 AM

Default Sapphire 930 thread cutter

I have done something to my Husqvarna, and now every time I use the thread-cutter, the top thread snaps. I have rethreaded, cleaned, changed needles, bobbin etc. any ideas other than the repair man?
Old 02-17-2024, 02:36 PM

Our local dealer (brother) showed us that the thread guide in front of the needle can come loose.

Check to make sure the needle is all the way up in the slop.

Check the thread guide and make sure it is secure.

How does the work if you “don’t use the needle threader?
Old 02-17-2024, 02:49 PM

Thanks for your reply Rhonda K, I have tried each of the things you mentioned, and they were fine, but I don’t use the needle threader. Just tried another row, my machine stitches fine, so guess I will just manually cut my thread until I have a service person look at it some time. ☹️
Old 02-17-2024, 03:50 PM

I poked around at the cutter with a pin and ran some dental floss through it…..touch wood, it has cut properly 3 times now 😀
Old 02-17-2024, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I poked around at the cutter with a pin and ran some dental floss through it…..touch wood, it has cut properly 3 times now 😀
Great problem solving!
Old 02-18-2024, 11:27 AM

Well shoot! The thread is snapping again when using the cutter, ugh! ☹️
Old 02-19-2024, 06:51 PM

I just never got used to my thread cutter as I had heard many people who have had a problem with them, so anyway, I don't miss it. I do chain piece a lot and I like leaving a bit of the thread chain at the end of the stitching. I think it helps seams to not come undone with all the handling multi piece quilts have done to them. I do use a shorter stitch length too. I even used an early machine for embroidery that didn't have a thread cutter and that worked out just fine too. Just got used to snipping the threads.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:25 AM

I re-read your post and realized the issue is the thread cutter.

Is this happening on a machine embroidery project when the machine cuts threads between stitches?

Can you pull off the needle plate and check down in the machine for any pieces of loose thread?

When you say the thread snaps, where is this happening? Is the thread breaking before going into the tension discs or at the bottom in the needle area?

Do you have a setting to use different lengths for thread cutting? Check that the foot and or holder are secure on the machine.

What type of thread are you using? How does it come off the spool? Is it metallic?

Check the machine preference pages and re-set to default settings (if this feature is on the machine.)

Try a different bobbin, or spool of thread, or even a different embroidery design (if machine embroidery).
Old 02-20-2024, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
I re-read your post and realized the issue is the thread cutter.

Is this happening on a machine embroidery project when the machine cuts threads between stitches?

Can you pull off the needle plate and check down in the machine for any pieces of loose thread?

When you say the thread snaps, where is this happening? Is the thread breaking before going into the tension discs or at the bottom in the needle area?

Do you have a setting to use different lengths for thread cutting? Check that the foot and or holder are secure on the machine.

What type of thread are you using? How does it come off the spool? Is it metallic?

Check the machine preference pages and re-set to default settings (if this feature is on the machine.)

Try a different bobbin, or spool of thread, or even a different embroidery design (if machine embroidery).
Thanks for your post, will reread later when I get in the sewing room. It is not an embroidery machine, and I am using Aurifil 50 wt as usual. The upper thread snaps once the blade cuts it, so then I have to rethread the machine. There isn’t a whole lot of info in the manual, and I haven’t knowingly changed any of the default settings, but will look through it in case any of your ideas are in there, thanks for trying to help.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Thanks for your post, will reread later when I get in the sewing room. It is not an embroidery machine, and I am using Aurifil 50 wt as usual. The upper thread snaps once the blade cuts it, so then I have to rethread the machine. There isn’t a whole lot of info in the manual, and I haven’t knowingly changed any of the default settings, but will look through it in case any of your ideas are in there, thanks for trying to help.
No there is not an option to change the length of the cut thread, nor do I have an option that I can find for changing the default settings. I see the book I have is actually a User’s guide, and my machine is only 2 years old. Again, thanks for your suggestions.