Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Old 02-18-2024, 04:14 PM

thimblebuge6000 I agree with the extra quilting, but nice picture great choice of border fabric.

sloscotty can't wait to see some of the blocks together.

Wmuteach we can't catch all the oopsis, just think of it as a design change.

I got off to a slow start today but have squared up all the HST's and made the strips, checked measurements. I have to add a second very narrow or very wide border to get the HST's to fit. I think I will leave it on the design wall overnight and look in the morning to see which way I want to go, I realized that some where there are another 27 of these HST's hiding in my stash. I should look thru the crumb boxes and see if I can find them.
While DH is at youth group tonight I am going to work on the GFG a little more. I unfolded it and took a picture to see where I'm at, getting close to having all the areas filled, then a extra row around the outside to be able to square it up. (I want flat sides!) This has been a project since 2012 with luck it will be done this year!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0616c.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	647546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0617c.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	647547  
Old 02-18-2024, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Sunday afternoon Photos - Checkerboard Chain (Lori Holt pattern) Yes, indeed there is an error on the lower right. Glad I found it now so I can correct it. Three cheers for taking photo that can reveal those oops blocks! The second quilt is for a little girl, about three months of age now. My DIL asked for a quilt for this little one, so Of course I went for it. Yes, I found an error in this one too, but it way to late to make the correction. This one just needs its label.,

Good weekend. With just a few more hours to go. Let's see what I can do with my time this later afternoon and evening.
Well, I guess I was living in another universe and I forgot to add the photos. So I try again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-2-18-Checkerboard Chain -  42X42.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	647548   Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-2-18  Butterfly.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	647549  
Old 02-18-2024, 04:26 PM

@lindaschipper here's a link to the Jewel Box Star pattern https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018...jewel-box.html It's an old Bonnie Hunter leader-ender challenge. The oppise dasies blocks is this year's leader- ender challenge. here's the link for the oppise daises blocks https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2023...ge-oopsie.html Every summer, usually in July, Bonnie starts a new leader- ender challenge. It's a fun way to use scraps and there is no pressure to follow a certain pattern or size, just make as many blocks as you want or need.

Thank you, everyone for your comments on my scrappy tops.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:55 PM

I see several have posted some beautiful quilts! Way to go

Quiltah Mama--lurkers allowed and welcome!

cjsews--congrats on emptying some boxes

sloscotty--great progress

I finished one of the quilts totally today and started on the second. I stopped because i needed to cut pieces for a carpenter's star quilt for someone who is retiring. I will work on that while quilting with friends tomorrow. If I have any energy when I get back, I might try finishing the patriotic quilt.

Old 02-19-2024, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Well, I guess I was living in another universe and I forgot to add the photos. So I try again.
both quilts are lovely.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:31 AM

I didn’t finish my quilt even in USA time but I’ve only got one more patch to sew on the back when the glue dries tomorrow. It was a very productive weekend for me. Thank you for the virtual encouragement!
photo tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:04 PM

Last night I worked a little on the GFG, and a little on the binding on my shades of gray quilt. Today I was able to get the binding stitched down on two of the church donation quilts that I picked up last week and some cleaning in the sewing room accomplished. Also the normal Monday chores.

Heather thank you for hosting the VQW as always.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:29 PM

Well, this has been a successful VQW. I've managed to get quite a bit done and hope you are all happy with your progress as well. See you back here March 15!
Old 02-19-2024, 04:08 PM

This final day of the VQW was not spent in the sewing room but rather in Shipshewana, Indiana looking for a backing for a blue Pladish quilt for a three-year-old boy. After a good 90 minutes of searching and asking the opinions of 5 or 6 other quilters also seeking "just the right color" for their quilt project, I found one. It is a most unlikely back but one that is fun and child like.... brightly colored popsicles. Hope the little dude likes it!

Tomorrow is piece the back, layer and quilt! The quilt will be gifted by the next time we meet, but I will post a photo of the finish on the "2004 Fabric Moratorium" thread since all but the back is from my stash.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:14 PM

Thank you for this VQW. I went thru the bags of fabric in my closet. Disposed of the small pieces. Then separated the larger pieces by color and bagged them to go in our guild auction. Among this I found 6 churn dash blocks. These are going in a donation quilt. Also found 4 leaf blocks that I will make into a table runner.