Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 02-18-2024, 07:54 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Peckish,
So sorry to hear about your mom! Unless she’s severely osteoporotic, she probably didn’t fracture anything in water. Doesn’t make it hurt less, poor dear! 🙏

What I meant to say last night was crumb block. You know the one thing that was supposed to be in there!
I had to leave it covered because I used Wonder Under to adhere the appliqué before stitching it down. Ended up taking a different block out, making another crumb piece so all is well.

I watched his February video last night, glad to see that this round is easy. I will mail both out Tuesday. I’m sorry for the delay Shawnee.

news earlier this month has honestly made me unable to concentrate. Nephew’s wife (37) was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. They had their first baby 7 months ago 💔. I can barely take it, nothing I can do except pray and be there for my sister, nephew and niece. I haven’t really told people ( aside from family) because obviously, I’m not looking for sympathy but if any of you wonderful ladies are the praying type, my family sure would appreciate it.

Sometimes life just isn’t fair 😢💔
Old 02-19-2024, 06:30 AM

Prayers for all of the Flinging Flimsies turtles and their families.
May God bless you all.
Joyce
Old 02-22-2024, 06:37 AM

I am just catching up on the health news posted in here. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Yiaya -- there are so many wonderful treatments out there even if it is Stage 4. If she remains positive and as she is young, she has an excellent chance of knocking that cancer out of her body. Bigtime prayers!

Peckish -- your poor mom! What a crazy thing to have happened! What did the doctors say happened ultimately? I am glad she had you to stay with until she could get up and around on her own again. Is she going to physical therapy for this?

Old 02-22-2024, 06:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHDt7jCJu30 link to Ricky's caveman style. 54 min video
Old 02-22-2024, 06:43 AM

Only one round left after you mail off your Caveman round!!

How about an April 15 group reveal zoom meeting? Tax day.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeDyfO0IGss caveman Jordan Fabrics video for a simplified approach. 16 minute video.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Only one round left after you mail off your Caveman round!!

How about an April 15 group reveal zoom meeting? Tax day.
Unfortunately that will not be doable for me because I work for an accounting firm and there's a 98% chance I will be working until midnight.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:25 PM

Yikes! No April 15 group reveal. Is earlier in the month better or should we plan for later in the month?
Old 02-22-2024, 02:39 PM

Yikes! No April 15 group reveal. Is earlier in the month better or should we plan for later in the month?
Anytime after April 15 would be best for me. The 6 weeks or so leading up to tax day are super hectic and crazy.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:59 PM

I am just catching up on the health news posted in here. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Yiaya -- there are so many wonderful treatments out there even if it is Stage 4. If she remains positive and as she is young, she has an excellent chance of knocking that cancer out of her body. Bigtime prayers!

Peckish -- your poor mom! What a crazy thing to have happened! What did the doctors say happened ultimately? I am glad she had you to stay with until she could get up and around on her own again. Is she going to physical therapy for this?
I'm catching up too!

Yiaya - I second Ibex's comment that your niece may still have an excellent prognosis even if she's stage 4. Hopefully her doctor(s), in addition to her treatments, have also advised her to avoid all sugar, which is a known cancer trigger and grower.

Regarding my mom - the doctors diagnosed her with torn or strained ligaments in her hip. No breaks, no physical therapy needed. She just needs to rest those muscles and be patient. She's a pretty physically active woman, so I don't think she'll have any problems other than being bored.

Side note - did you know this? The docs at the ER told us that x-rays only catch about 80% of breaks. They didn't see anything broken on my mom's x-ray, but she was in so much pain they wanted to make sure, so they did a CT scan, which they said would catch 99% of fractures. Hers came back clear, but it kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it? Why bother with x-rays if CT is more accurate and clear?