Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 02-20-2024, 04:35 PM

Its done. Even quilted it in my motorhome and was reminded why I dont like to make queen size quilts!
Whew - onto the next project
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Blander.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	647569  
Old 02-20-2024, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

That's a beautiful quilt, TG. I don't like wrangling the really big quilts, either. Can't believe you managed to quilt it in your motorhome, no less!
Old 02-20-2024, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Just read the March birthdays pm from WMUT. Happy to say, I have 18 packages ready to send off... so I guess I have a spare.

My current hometown is Florence, MS. It's a very tiny community, but an old one. Originally it was called Steen's Creek, I think for the people who settled here. One of the local schools is Steen's Creek Elementary. We found Florence while we were living in nearby Jackson MS about 30 years ago. We had wanted to get out of that city and move to a more rural area, and the Lord blessed us with the acreage we now live on. We built our house here. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

There are no super fabulous places to eat here (I'm picky) but we do have two huge catfish restaurants, and several Mexican eateries. We have one little hole-in-the-wall place that serves tasty steaks. For me, the most fun activity in the area is visiting the antique flea markets. We have several and they are better priced than the ones in neighboring towns. I bought two of my antique Singers at these malls... a Singer 66 treadle with lotus decals in a beautiful parlor cabinet.... and a more modern Singer 403, just like one my aunt had. Another fun activity is local sports. Our kids were homeschooled for the most part, but played in community baseball and basketball leagues. The town has really nice ballparks.

So come visit Florence, MS!
Old 02-21-2024, 03:39 AM

Swapper Math explanation...................
We have 20 swappers in our group this year. Two packages have been sent and that equals 18. But we do not send a package to yourself, so we all need 17 more packages. I always make an extra package and keep if for in case one of my birthday packages gets lost between my home and yours. If I don't use it, the little collections goes into my archive of sent squares.

Thanks for the post Sewbizgirl. Your town sounds sweet and peaceful.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Old 02-21-2024, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

I've decided to go with that Checkerboard Chain pattern. I love it! I've been cutting 1.5 inch blocks to go with the candies.
I have to say though, that video was way too long!

I was born and raised in Utica NY, about 50 miles east of Syracuse. It's known for fantastic Italian food. I now live in a suburb of Columbus OH where Ohio State University is. I did part of my course work at OSU. I love access to such a large city. Hospitals and restaurants are amazing. We moved here because of my husband's career. It works for me because I'm not a small town kind of person. I have the most amazing neighbors. We live on a cul-de-sac of about 20 homes. I'm a real chicken. I have to see other houses and people around me. One time we had to drive to this man's house to pick something up and he lived in an area so remote that I started feeling panicky just riding there haha!! I mused to my husband " What if they had a medical emergency?" As I said I'm a chicken. I want everything right around me.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:07 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm Pam from Seattle. I've lived here a good share of my life with the exception of college, Peace Corps and other random adventures. In the 80's and 90's it was a pretty cool place to be, a small city, clean, lots of natural beauty with mountains on one side and water on the other. It's the supposed birthplace of 90's grunge music (also Jimi Hendrix is from here) and was the home of Starbucks (I have a Starbucks brochure from 1990 that says "visit us at all 5 of our locations!" and I worked at all of them!). People who visit in the summer think the weather is perfect. The Olympic peninsula is just a ferry ride away and we take lots of bicycle day trips on the ferry, across the water, ride around the peninsula or one of the islands, and then home.

When I visited east coast cities in the 80's, they seemed dirty and polluted by comparison. Now -- Seattle looks just like that. Since about 2000 it's gotten very high-priced and crowded, big homeless population and other big-city growing pains. Still, I think the Seattle area would be a fun place to visit in the summer.
I'm happy to meet all of you!
Old 02-22-2024, 03:54 AM

Happy Birthday to..............................Janice McC! Celebrate all day and into the night! Start your day with a few balloons and happy smiles from these charming critters.

Name:	Birthday pm.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	647600  
Old 02-22-2024, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday, Janice! I hope you have a lovely day.

Pam, how funny about Starbucks "visit our 5 locations". Wow! My son likes Seattle a lot. He's been there a few times.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:58 AM

Happy birthday Janice McC! I hope you have a wonderful day! Quilty hugs!
Old 02-22-2024, 07:40 AM

Happy Birthday, Janice!!! Woke up thinking about you and all the joy you have brought into my life. Do something amazing today to celebrate you!

Name:	Happy Birthday.png
Views:	8
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	647602