Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 02-13-2024, 11:30 AM

I'm still sewing on this but not as often as I would like too. The job keeps me on the road which in turn slows down the opportunities to sew. I decided to redo clue 3 as I did not like the way the fabrics played together once block 2 was assembled. They are nearly complete now. Hoping things will move along a little faster once this last clue is complete.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stitches23 View Post
I'm still sewing on this but not as often as I would like too. The job keeps me on the road which in turn slows down the opportunities to sew. I decided to redo clue 3 as I did not like the way the fabrics played together once block 2 was assembled. They are nearly complete now. Hoping things will move along a little faster once this last clue is complete.
I finally started taking my little Gem Gold with me when I had to be on the road for my job. It fit into a little satchel and only weighed 11 pounds if I remember right. I would set it up in my hotel room and work all night.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:00 PM

I've taken one of my machines on a few trips and was glad I did. Other trips, it just doesn't seem to work out so well.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:47 PM

I am very late to this party, as I just started working on Indigo Way.
I have changed the colors up a bit—using the navy blues, but I’m subbing oranges for the red.
Now that I’ve arrived at part 3, I’d like to use something other than light blue. I don’t have a lot of that. My background (neutral) is off white/cream rather than white, so the third color would have to look good with the dark blues and the oranges as well as the creams.

Any suggestions?

I did just finish Chilhowie and I made that in red, blue, and green, so I don’t want to use green on this one too.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:02 PM

Glad to see people still working on the project!

The light blue in part 3 wasn't a huge part of the overall design look.

Maybe a tan that is slightly darker than your neutrals would work? Especially with bits of orange in it... Or maybe go to a darker brown that is close to equal value with your blues.

Would love to see pictures!
Old 02-22-2024, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Glad to see people still working on the project!

The light blue in part 3 wasn't a huge part of the overall design look.

Maybe a tan that is slightly darker than your neutrals would work? Especially with bits of orange in it... Or maybe go to a darker brown that is close to equal value with your blues.

Would love to see pictures!
Thank you for this suggestion! I pulled a bunch of browns and I think they are going to work! I wouldn’t have thought of that myself, and I think the color combo will be very good and a lot different from what I would’ve picked. I’m not great at choosing colors so thank you again!
Old 02-22-2024, 05:45 AM

Welcome to the project, Blacktabby57!

I am sleeping and sewing again, but -- confession -- I've let myself get distracted by two new sew-alongs, so my IW blocks are just sitting there, waiting to be put together.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:05 AM

While we are confessing things -- with my travel machine chirping so loudly I haven't done much sewing lately. Thing I've got the chirp oiled out but it typically takes a bit to find out. That is, in short tests it is fine but it starts on longer seams.

Anyway, I've lost my little piece of paper that tells me my completed size of the "bed" and I still haven't put on my borders which I will be doing with miters, would be easier doing it as designed. I did mark 1 foot increments and all I have to do is measure a couple of widths/length (which should be the same), mark the spot and be strong and cut! And then sew the pieced triangle border to the two inner borders and put the whole shebang on.

Blacktabby -- keep in mind that (as designed) your outer border will use those browns again on the outside of your orange triangles. I think it will still be fine! But if you don't like it, you can use the neutrals instead.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:27 AM

I have the final quilt printed out—I waited for all the clues before I decided if I wanted to make it—and yes, I think I will be fine with the brown on the border, alongside the orange. It should look good!
Thanks again for that suggestion!
Old 03-12-2024, 08:27 AM

I'm back to working on my A blocks, but this time, I'm not focusing on them exclusively, and am finding that approach much more enjoyable than trying to power through, which I think is beyond me now. My enthusiasm for my busy background is also renewed. So onward, but little by little!