Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 23 to January 24 Table Runner Swap >

November 23 to January 24 Table Runner Swap

November 23 to January 24 Table Runner Swap

Old 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM

Hi everyone! I received a beautiful, cheery table runner last week from Elizabeth (ekuw) that make my wait for spring a whole lot easier! And a zipper bag that already has a job - holding my supplies for our twice monthly craft group days at our LQS! And ... 2 patterns (you might just see one of them in the next runner episode!)

I am so glad we are up and stitching again! Missed everyone! Here's a pic of my lovely package of goodies! Thank you again!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 2024 runner ekuw.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	647562  
Old 02-20-2024, 03:39 PM

WOW that is beautiful, bright and cheery. Well done ekew and lucky Sue. Tracking says mine was delivered last night (today)? But to who?
Old 02-21-2024, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
WOW that is beautiful, bright and cheery. Well done ekuw and lucky Sue. Tracking says mine was delivered last night (today)? But to who?
To me-that's who! Received a very colorful 3-D runner from M-Fay. Wow! I applaud your patience for making such a difficult runner. Also love the extras; 2 spools of thread and a pillow cover as well as a lovely letter. Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	January Runner.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	647577   Click image for larger version

Name:	January Extras.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	647578  
Old 02-21-2024, 06:10 PM

It certainly was a challenge. It was my 3rd attempt. I'll try and show photos tonight. With our hot and dusty weather here we're experiencing power cuts with pole top fires and danger from fallen wires causing fires. I had to wait a while on my way to town today while the crew worked on fallen wires across the road
Old 02-23-2024, 07:44 AM

Challenging for sure...It's Y seams right? I made a quilt called "Hollow Star" which was all Y-seams. Challenging was an understatement. Need I say never again? Ha Ha. Glad your power is back on too.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:14 PM

No it wasn't steams it was 1 and half inch triangles. And sewing them together at the correct angle. I have a tendency to have them all laid out properly, pick 2 pieces up and still sew the wrong side.i now pin them together no matter how small..
Powers back on and there's a cyclone building up north. It shouldnt come this far south but the rain can. We had 2 mls overnight.heaven sent.. first since August last year
I did get my runner from Sue though. I love it and hoped I'd be getting it when I saw the pic you posted. I can't post a pic though as I can't do it from my phone. My computer has lost its"smart" connection to the WiFi. I'll get that sorted on monday meanwhile I'll try and Bluetooth it to my phone. I've never done that before either. Thank you once again Sue
Old 02-23-2024, 05:31 PM

I've lost count of the times I've tried to PM Caroline and Sue but I'm giving up now. I'll try again later .
Old 02-23-2024, 05:35 PM

I've lost count of the times I've tried to PM Caroline and Sue but I'm giving up now. I'll try again later .
Old 02-25-2024, 08:58 AM

I love the look of 3D projects but have never attempted. This is beautiful!
Old 02-25-2024, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
No it wasn't steams it was 1 and half inch triangles. And sewing them together at the correct angle. I have a tendency to have them all laid out properly, pick 2 pieces up and still sew the wrong side.i now pin them together no matter how small..
Powers back on and there's a cyclone building up north. It shouldnt come this far south but the rain can. We had 2 mls overnight.heaven sent.. first since August last year
I did get my runner from Sue though. I love it and hoped I'd be getting it when I saw the pic you posted. I can't post a pic though as I can't do it from my phone. My computer has lost its"smart" connection to the WiFi. I'll get that sorted on monday meanwhile I'll try and Bluetooth it to my phone. I've never done that before either. Thank you once again Sue
So glad you like the runner! My fingers are crossed that the cyclone has left you safe and secure! Mother Nature can sure pack a punch & create havoc & danger! I'm seriously ready for spring here in Ontario Canada and it hasn't even been a bad winter! I'm just anxious for some green grass, leaves on the trees and at least sweater weather! Met friends for lunch last week and they laughed when they saw us in no coats, just hoodies (and pants of course! lol) said they would know right away we had lived up north! TBH jackets were in the car.