Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2024 UFO Adventure Challenge >

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

Old 02-15-2024, 04:31 PM

MacyB. I like new border on the red quilt. The variation in red reflect the colors in the body of the quilt. A good way to tie in the colors. TaDa. More projects reaching the finish line.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've got the quilt assembled, but I'm not loving the border so am going to think about it for a bit. This quilt is for me and I don't want to look at it and think I should have changed something and then didn't. If it was for someone else, I'd leave it as this design isn't bad. I've probably already got about 100 hours into this quilt, so it's worth spending a bit more time to make it something I truly love.
What a beautiful finish. Congrats. It's gorgeous.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:35 AM

I've been working on my PP UFO again. I've got pieces 8 L&R (first picture, those were the hardest as they are 3 sub pieces that then become part of the main piece), 9 and 10 L&R done. Then next is the 8 point star, so that is 8 pieces times 18 rays . . . yea, gonna take a break before moving on to that one.

At this point I have the pieces for the lower ray sections done. the upper part is all done with Left and right sides, and they get sewn together in pairs and then sewn down the middle before attaching to the lower ray section. I still have lots of paper to remove.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20240220_094744.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	647627   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240220_094757.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	647628  
Old 02-23-2024, 04:52 PM

Macybaby: You are making great progress. I look forward to seeing the finished project.

I finished one UFO! I can’t wait to give it to my niece. To make a long story short:
I found a poorly made 2.5” square quilt top in my dear MIL’s stash. Some seams were way too big and others close to nonexistent or not holding it together at all. I cut sections into 11” lengths and and then cut each row into 2” widths. I also made new seams where necessary. I don’t know why it was so poorly sewn-my dear MIL’s beginning of dementia; a grandchild learning to sew; one her children’s projects??? Anyway, it is now a quilt for one of her grandchildren who may have sewn it. 😉.

I finished the top in 2022. The binding went on this morning. It is machine quilted. The top and bottom blocks on the back were found in her stash also. I wrote on 2 hexagons-who was receiving it and where it was found.

Name:	IMG_6395.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	647630   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6397.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	647631  
Old 02-24-2024, 04:49 AM

I'm joining in on the UFO 2024 finish. I have an hand appliqued beauty that I did probably 10 - 12 years ago ( back in the day when the arthritis hadn't reached the stage it is now!) Anyway, I couldn't afford to send it for professional quilting and I've had a basic longarm for 8 years now and I think my skills would be adequate to give it a whirl. One of my goals for this year is to learn how to post pictures so someone please hold me accountable!
Old 02-24-2024, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Macybaby: You are making great progress. I look forward to seeing the finished project.

I finished one UFO! I can’t wait to give it to my niece. To make a long story short:
I found a poorly made 2.5” square quilt top in my dear MIL’s stash. Some seams were way too big and others close to nonexistent or not holding it together at all. I cut sections into 11” lengths and and then cut each row into 2” widths. I also made new seams where necessary. I don’t know why it was so poorly sewn-my dear MIL’s beginning of dementia; a grandchild learning to sew; one her children’s projects??? Anyway, it is now a quilt for one of her grandchildren who may have sewn it. 😉.

I finished the top in 2022. The binding went on this morning. It is machine quilted. The top and bottom blocks on the back were found in her stash also. I wrote on 2 hexagons-who was receiving it and where it was found.
Now that is a very interesting way to handle someone else’s work that needed modifying, great job!
Old 02-24-2024, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2 View Post
I'm joining in on the UFO 2024 finish. I have an hand appliqued beauty that I did probably 10 - 12 years ago ( back in the day when the arthritis hadn't reached the stage it is now!) Anyway, I couldn't afford to send it for professional quilting and I've had a basic longarm for 8 years now and I think my skills would be adequate to give it a whirl. One of my goals for this year is to learn how to post pictures so someone please hold me accountable!
Do you have an ipad for taking pictures? Or?
Old 02-26-2024, 11:29 AM

Howdy all! I've not been around in quite awhile, but hoping to be a little more active. I'd love to join in the challenge.
I love seeing what everyone completes. You all do beautiful work and it's inspiring.

I did finish a quilt for my sis a couple weeks ago. I just have one small area on the label that needs to be hand stitched and then washing it.

I have tons of projects to finish. The one I'm going to focus on is actually the newest. I chose it, because if I need to get more fabric for it, I want to be able to, while the fabric line is still somewhat easy to find. It's a Pride and Prejudice quilt. My dear hubby bought me the kit and so it means a lot. I'm a little nervous, as I've read all the horror stories on here about quilt kits. Also it's layer quilt, which I've never done. The border is a printed fabric, that will look really off if the print isn't straight and I'm worried about it looking good. If I cut the fabric straight, then the pattern is going to be very crooked, so I'm going to cut it to try and keep the pattern straight. It also has a lot of triangles!! So I keep telling myself, just one step at a time and go for it! 😊
Old 02-28-2024, 04:14 PM

I joined this thread back in January and have quietly been working on it. I didnt have any UFO's as such, just lots of scraps to use up and 7 patterns i wanted to try. I started on a 3D one which became obvious it'd be pretty big so i reduced the size of the triangles and started again.Made a table runner and a small wall hanging ( with ! Mistake I didnt see till too late) and the original big one is a UFO now awaiting quilting.

Name:	2nd Attempt.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	647678   Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd attemt.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	647679  
Old 02-28-2024, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
I joined this thread back in January and have quietly been working on it. I didnt have any UFO's as such, just lots of scraps to use up and 7 patterns i wanted to try. I started on a 3D one which became obvious it'd be pretty big so i reduced the size of the triangles and started again.Made a table runner and a small wall hanging ( with ! Mistake I didnt see till too late) and the original big one is a UFO now awaiting quilting.
Wow, I love that pattern! Great job!