Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki Double Needle Install >

Juki Double Needle Install

Juki Double Needle Install

Old 02-29-2024, 01:54 PM

Question Juki Double Needle Install

im trying to stitch leather together and then use double needles to do decorative finish. i see i can buy double needles them themselves ... but can some one point me out if i need to upgrade modify table below where bobin is? (sewing is not my industry so im figuring out what im doing) I have Juki machine
any feedback is appreciated
Old 02-29-2024, 03:23 PM
mkc

Which Juki? The TL mechanical models and the industrial models cannot accept double needles. They are single needle-only machines.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:59 PM

mkc is correct. Any machine with a side-loading bobbin cannot accept a double needle.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:00 PM

i have HZL-F300
in my interpretation bobin is top loaded
Old 02-29-2024, 06:03 PM

If you don't have a manual, there is one available at https://www.jukihome.com/media/catal...ion_manual.pdf on page 84 & 85 of the pdf or 83 & 84 of the actual manual shows how to use a twin needle. The automatic threader and thread cutter can not be used with the twin needle. I'm fairly certain that not all the patterns can be used with a twin needle. It looks like it will have a circle with a slash if the pattern selected cannot be used with a twin needle. Also it will need be set for the center needle position.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:11 PM

oh i guess i had sorter version of manual as book i got does not look like this one
so good news it supports twin needs bad news span between them is only 2mm ((
or maybe it still possible to run like 6mm needle just make sure its straight stitch so they don't move around?
Old 02-29-2024, 06:54 PM
mkc

The issue will be whether the hook mechanism can support it. If the manual says it only supports 2mm separation, then it only supports 2mm separation. If you use the wrong twin needle, you can damage the hook mechanism and that could be a costly mistake.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:56 PM

ehh no fun
is there any way to find what machines support twin needles with longer spans?
Old 03-01-2024, 07:33 AM

The manuals I have for my machines usually say whether or not a twin needle can be used. I don't think most if not all straight stitch machines would be able to. My manuals have listed the width of the twin needles also.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
mkc is correct. Any machine with a side-loading bobbin cannot accept a double needle.
? maybe I am misunderstanding what a side-loading bobbin is but all three of my Bernina's which have a vertical, sideloading bobbin can be used with a double or triple needle. Of course I am limited as to the width of any stitch I use with the two that are 5 mm machines.