Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 02-29-2024, 02:42 PM

I have 2 favorite colors & I couldn't remember which I told you I like best. I had to look in PMs to see what I said.
It looks like I said both blue & purple. So maybe you just picked one for me?
Also a space shot.

Thank you for doing that for us Yiaya!!!

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 02-29-2024 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:39 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Awesome Plix thanks I actually combined them on yours. One down , couple more and I can ship them out tomorrow. Otherwise, I’m going away for a few days and I will send them next week.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:39 PM

I don't have a clue as to what color I chose...maybe red/maroon??? Blue?? I'll try to find it.
Whatever color is leftover is okay. I would never ask you to re-do it.
Would I do this Mad Adders again? I don't know. The suspense time is sooooooo long and I'm an impatient person and want to see what's going on. The pieces are growing up beautifully.
Happy sewing!
Old 02-29-2024, 09:31 PM

Joyce I think you were red/pink
Old 02-29-2024, 09:34 PM

And anyone can ask for a redo, I’m retired remember. I have the embroidery machine going while I use the midarm 😂. Hubby spoils me, I cook and quilt🤷🏻‍♀️😎
Old 03-01-2024, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am just finishing up the last of the embroidered labels. While I remembered what colors people said way back when, I never actually wrote down what color went with each person! So after much trial and error I now have them done but no clue who to mail what🤣. Except Juana’s because I didn’t use her favorite color, I went with Mardi Gras.

So, if you would be so kind to let me know yet again what color you like. Hopefully I made it correctly.
I can redo any or all 🤷🏻‍♀️. Cuz yup I am a space shot

Awww, Yiaya -- you're the best! Thank you for doing this for us all.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:28 AM

I will wait until 2 months after the project has ended to determine if I received enough joy to torture myself with my limited creative skills a second time around. I have learned a lot about myself and my lack of confidence while working on this project. But hanging with you all, however infrequent, has been the best medicine for my psyche. Thank you everyone, again, for participating. Let's see what the last challenge is going to be! Any predictions? What could be any less structured than caveman?
Old 03-04-2024, 02:04 AM

It's always surprising to me how a group of people working on the same assignment, using the same instructions and a bit of freedom, personal preference and creativity can come up with such completely different pieces.
All the flimsies that came to me were incredible. I am truly blown away by the amazing work that everyone has done.
They are all so different from each other. I really love them all.
Looking forward to the reveal.
Western, you are the only one who has seen them all and you have been very very quiet....
not even a hint!

Old 03-06-2024, 08:15 AM

Is everyone in the Ricky Tims class right now? Our challenge is a bit wild because we have all been working so hard at "unity and harmony" already!
Old 03-07-2024, 06:50 AM

Did everyone watch the video? I have never taken an art class but I suspect that is what we got as he discussed ways to unify the themes on the flimsies. Most of what he talked about I have already seen in the flimsies that have passed through my hands. What do you all think about this particular challenge?

It is pretty obvious he would like us to have some kind of visuals prior to the grand reveal. Are you willing to try the mad hat picture op? It doesn't have to be in a zoom meeting. You can head to a store that has hats and try something on, snap a picture and send it to me. How does that sound? Then again, you can create an AI image of whatever you like and send that on over and we, the QB Flinging Flimsies, can be featured on his next class.

Quilty hugs to all the turtles!