Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 15-17, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 15-17, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 15-17, 2024

Old 03-15-2024, 11:43 AM

Good day everyone,

I’m in again. My goals to bind the r/w/blk king size quilt and gift it. Quilt 4-6 baby tops for my friend. (It seems to be a never ending project). Work on my twin size traffic jam top. I realized my 1st plan and fabric choices were not what I envisioned. So I am making lots more medium to dark colored 4-patches. I decided to use the light to medium 4-patches for the outer border. So basically my work so far is not a waste. I have created a rough draft of my pattern so I should make progress this weekend. Then I need to find the double Irish stars box, so I can continue to work on that 🛸 for the rest of the month. When I need a rest from these projects I need to (and I mean I need to get back to unboxing my sewing stuff and find a home in my new sewing/quilting room. And of course what I don’t finish, I will work on for the rest of the month. Now time to start on my projects.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:54 PM

copycat--retreats ARE fun!

Iceblossom--glad to provide some motivation for you

It's been a pretty productive day. I appliqued one of the two dragon blocks I brought with me. And then I worked on my Ohio Star blocks for a charity quilt. Should be able to assemble the top tomorrow. Thanks to all who are hanging out with me this weekend!
Old 03-15-2024, 04:21 PM

Count me in, not sure how much sewing I'll be able to do. I do want to finish at least months 6 and 7 of my Stitchn' Heavens BOM Solare.
Here's a picture of months 4 and 5 that I finished last weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	647970  

Last edited by Sync; 03-15-2024 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:22 PM

I was able to do some cleaning pressing, and trimming of blocks finished this morning before I had to take mom to her pacemaker check. Tonight I was able to put together 3 blocks from 2.5 or smaller squares for a place mat. A friend gifted me the squares, (they all needed to be squared up, they were her leftovers). I have a few more to trim and figure a layout for before I turn them all into some kind of mat.

This morning while pressing strips and strings I came to a decision that anything less than 1 inch is now going to be tossed!!! I love making crumb blocks but I have enough scraps, and the small stuff I don't think I will miss them. Also all the salvages will be placed with the gardening stuff as ties for the grape vines.

Enjoy the night, I'm going to the TV room and work on my X-stitch. (UFO from 2006)
Old 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM

I'm so ready for this I have two quilts that need my immediate attention. One is almost ready for quilting.Second is a top that I need to sew more blocks so I can assemble and hand over to our PL long armer. I think that's all I can finish up dudring this VQW.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Those are some beautiful blocks, Sync.

I had a productive day. I got the binding on the quilt for my grandson, Hedgehog Hollow or something like that. Then I got a little boy's pirate quilt finished, and also quilted another quilt for a boy... Toy Caterpillar Trucks. Last of all I started the first row of a Disney Princess log cabin quilt for a little girl. I love making quilts for kids!

Tomorrow the caterpillar quilt needs binding.
Have a nice evening!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4153.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	647973   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4155.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	647974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4159.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	647975   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4157.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	647976  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-15-2024 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Oh, forgot to say the Caterpillar quilt is a Boom quilt. All the blocks were made by friends in the Boom swap. The Disney Princess fabric was given to me by Rebaquilts, a friend from the Boom swap. Thank you, Boomers and Reba!
Old 03-16-2024, 01:55 AM

I finally got a quilt on my long arm, did one pass with what I thought was good tension and discovered it was all eye lashes underneath.Grrrr.....So, I'm off to pull all of that out this morning and start again. I hope to get it quilted today.

Watson
Old 03-16-2024, 03:20 AM

1) pulled client quilt off the longarm yesterday. Needs to be trimmed and then call for pickup
2) started loading another - so -finish starting and start finishing
3) we had an envelope quilt party at the last PL (turn inside out to finish) so I need to topstitch that one.

And spring is springing here. I want to do some gardening.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:14 AM

Count me in! I hope to do the following:
1) finish quilting the large quilt that's currently on the longarm
2) finish machine embroidering 17 ( count 'em!) 17 Pokemons . I have to do color consulatations because this Grandma isn't a gamer!
3) I've got a small string block pinwheel quilt on the home stretch for assembly. Everything is cut (I think)