Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 03-16-2024, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What is Libby? Please explain...
Libby is a free app where you can enjoy ebooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines from your public library.

https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/6144.htm

Old 03-16-2024, 05:30 PM

Yes, it seems like ages since I checked in. I haven’t done audio but saw two great movies in theaters. DH and I like historical true movies ( and no cursing) and lived with tears in our eyes bothe “Cabrini “ and “one life”
The camp we are at is also for conferences with rooms etc. this weekend they had a quilting retreat!! Great group of women and although they said I could find a spot, I had made plans. But so fun to talk with others, check out their machines and patterns etc.
finally warm and sunny enough to spend time outside at picnic table and chat with neighbors! (At least for today)
Old 03-16-2024, 06:43 PM

Well I got to the play this evening and it was not presented by the Home School group but one of the parochial school with some help from the HS Association. Review of the program: the lead singers were well cast and vocals performed well, but the acting left much to be desired. I will leave the rest of my review under my hat and leave it there.

Libby is an free electronic book lending service that is available through libraries across the US. LIbby has both audio books and print books, kind of like on a kindle. A very good selections of books, not all books, but plenty to keep me listening to books covering many genres. You can "check them out" for two weeks and open them as often as you wish, day or night. I listen to books when sewing or driving long distances.

I got two boom blocks finished and also made an orphan block in the process. More tomorrow. Not more orphans rather more finished blocks. Tee-Hee-Hee.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Sewbiz- Libby is an app connected to your library where you can search, borrow, and put books on hold. We also have Hoopla, another library app which I really like because you never have to wait for what you want as long as they carry it. I use both and really enjoy them.
I don't understand why there's never a wait list on Hoopla for what you want but it's great.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:48 AM

Libby is fabulous! I’m waiting for two audiobooks right now. I finished one a couple of weeks ago. Sewbiz, check it out! You can get regular books or audiobooks. Unfortunately our library only uses Libby or I’d try your suggestion of Hoopla, Sue.

edited: Hoopla IS available through my library and I’ve already checked out an audiobook. Unfortunately they don’t have the titles Im waiting for in Libby.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-17-2024 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:52 AM

The March birthday announcement can't get here fast enough!

We need to track down some February birthday folks for next year so we don't have to wait so long to send birthday greetings.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StPatricksDay.png
Views:	9
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	647993  
Old 03-17-2024, 04:48 PM

Back at you ibex94 and everyone else too. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Around my house this has always been a day of silly fun. My son, Patrick, now celebrates "St. Me" day by making traditional Irish food and of course green eggs and ham. Raise them right and at least one will be silly with you for the rest of your life. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Name:	st patty.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	648016  
Old 03-17-2024, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

So cute! The things we do to babies while they sleep....
Old 03-19-2024, 05:40 AM

Sewbiz I use Libby all the time. I was a hold out for reading real books but to have a book on my iPad with the bright light makes reading so much easier for these tired eyes.

I’mm also working on boom blocks and putting together my blocks from last boom. Need to make 1 more block, It’s going to be my quilt for my solo car camping adventures. Nice and bright and cheery.

Old 03-20-2024, 03:55 PM

Birthday Swapper info has been sent and should be in your mailbox. If I missed you or if there are errors let me know. Some of you are such marvelous communicators and that make the group vibrant and interesting. If you have not checked in for a while, leave us a note about what is happening in your everyday life or sewing life. The 2.5 day is a good time to drop in and see what others are doing and to let us see your a progress, plans or finishes, on 2.5 projects or yes, other projects as well.

Happy first full day of spring.

Name:	spring.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	648082