Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-23-2024, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Love your dresden LogCabin - your added embroidery is wonderful
I made one for Terriamn - not as decorative as yours but lots of room to quilt on!

Rainy and windy here. And My son is getting over a foot of snow in NH! I put away my sewing machines and fabric and getting rig ready to move north. Hopefully by midweek most of snow will be pushed aside. Rest of family going up so we all can be together for Easter. I will end up doing most of cooking but that means I make the men clean up! It works.
Son took a turkey out of freezer so I can cook on Thursday which will give us meals for weekend.
Decided on Lamb Shanks for Easter meal. Trying to decide on deserts as we have Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Diabetic diets to work around.

What do you all cook special?
We usually have Ham, Green beans, potato salad, deviled eggs, rolls, and Sweet tea. NO sweets for us as I am diabetic.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:15 PM

More beautiful blocks posted since I was here last. Keep up the fantastic work.

Just finished perusing all the blocks posted together in the photo gallery. I am in awe of the talent in this group. I am loving all my blocks for my Harry Potter Quilt, This quilt will be fantastic.

Last edited by Lstew2212; 03-23-2024 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Great blocks, LC and TG! And thank you Janice for the Coxey's Camp for my little boy quilt. I love it. That's a great block to showcase a print. I love the fabric you used in WMUTeach's block too. That looks so great. Genius pick.

Today I went to Southern Vintage in Bartlett TN, probably the nicest flea market I've ever seen. They were having a "tent sale" in the parking lot, where people put up their own tents and put out what they want to sell. I found so many treasures! Snagged a vintage Pyrex square bowl to match my collection, a Fiesta gravy boat I will use at the holidays, and a lovely ceramic rooster... just because my kitchen here needs a rooster! dThen I went inside Southern Vintage and shopped some more. I found some old fabric that would make a perfect background to my 1930's repro prints. Also found some cute clothes for my grandkids, and some puzzles and roaring dinosaurs they will have fun with. On the way home I stopped at an estate sale that was about to close for the day. I'll be back when they open up tomorrow because I saw a whole bedroom full of old quilts and tomorrow they will be 50% off. I need a couple of "cutter quilts" for crafts for the next Christmas fair I do. I hope to make ornaments from them.

Memphis is fun, with all the estate sales and flea markets here. It's where I've found several of my old sewing machines (including 2 featherweights and 2 Singer 301s in cabinets!) My Chatty Cathy doll came out of somebody's attic here. Just treasures, galore, LOL!
Old 03-23-2024, 03:21 PM

TG thank you for the great Dresden block, love it

Todays block is for Janice, hope you like it

Janice great fabric choice in WMUT’s block

Sewbiz your afternoon sounds like so much fun. It was the craft sale here this morning, my sister has been looking for some outdoor metal art. She hit the mother lode and bought 3 nice piece, was very excited for her

Going to our last dance of the season tonight, we are staying till the 12 th or 13 th but this place will really empty out starting next week. The Canadians have to leave for medical insurance coverage and many Americans will be heading home for Easter celebrations with their extended families
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3462.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	648112  
Old 03-23-2024, 04:16 PM

Default Last block

Here is my last block it is my plan c. Plan a was a fail when I mis cut the fussy cut faces, plan b was ordering the wrong fabric, here is plan c. The best Easter bunny of all. Hugs!

Name:	IMG_0084.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	648113  
Old 03-23-2024, 05:55 PM

Here are 4 I made today. One for Janice, Libster, SBG, and Logcabin.

Name:	FB_IMG_1711245236839.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	648114   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1711245234138.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	648115   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1711245219535.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	648116   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1711245222158.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	648117  
Old 03-23-2024, 06:15 PM

Hav4boys, your blocks are always stunning, and the points match up perfectly. I tried my hand at some simple PP and still made a booboo. I will stick to my pieced blocks.

Reba, cute bunny block.

Terriamn, great block for Janice.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Wow! I got two wonderful blocks today! Thank you Hav and Reba! Your blocks each have a great look for the quilt! Love them.

Love Hav's other blocks too, as well as Terri's for Janice. Reba, congrats on finishing all your blocks. They are amazing. I will be finished after just one more, as soon as I get back home. (Then I'll be sad...)
Old 03-23-2024, 06:54 PM

Hav4, I love this block! Your talent with papeerpiecing is so far beyond me. Hats off to you, Thank you so much.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:27 PM

HAV all 4 of your blocks are stunning

Reba congratulations on finishing your boom blocks and your bunny block is cute as can be

We will be eating Easter dinner at the club house but if at home it would be Ham, cheesey potatoes, sweet potatoes , Watergate salad, green bean casserole, corn that we froze fresh off the cob last fall, hubby’s homemade buns and his pumpkin pie. We make it all, just didn’t work out having everyone bring something. But with hubby and I both cooking it is pretty easy, we have it down to a science