Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Travel quilting..Help, I need advice. >

Travel quilting..Help, I need advice.

Travel quilting..Help, I need advice.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:53 AM

Love your small quilt idea for the railing, Kalama. We have a similar fence upstairs in our condo, and it creeps me out to get close to it.

hugs, charlotte
Old 03-26-2024, 10:54 AM

our home is nearly 50 years old and the railings aren't close enough like current codes, so we put chicken wire across it to keep the dogs and cats from taking a notion. It isn't noticible from the living room, but 3 40"-ish quilts hung across help

I just added another kit to my spring travel pile ... It would be easier to plan if I could still hand applique or quilt or EEP but those days are behind me.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:43 PM

Thank you everyone for the ideas and advice. Sometimes it's good to just spill the beans by putting it all down in writing. And yes, I did do the look in the mirror, and said "Who in the heck are you, anyway!!!" It was cathartic.

So, I'm approaching this now from a different direction. When you change from house to condo or to motorhome, it's like opening the door to a friendly space. You remember happy times, familiar furniture, a cozy place where you love to be. So instead of dragging in bags of stuff, look forward to all the treasures you left at the place where you're now headed, to be enjoyed anew. A change in place gives a fresh perspective, so relax and breathe.

That said, I did decide on a few projects to take along, but with the spirit of bringing some new friends to join the party. And my binder full of new patterns. Well, they won't take up much space and can travel back and forth.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:58 PM

Update. Things have gone just swimmingly after my change in attitude. The next day was spent organizing items for projects, everything falling into place. I now have a row of projects lined up across the sofa. Except for one thing. I ran across a piece of mottled charcoal grey and stopped. That is just the right thing, but for what? I couldn't remember so I put it aside thinking it will come to me later.

This morning, I'm watching Sheri on Lessons Learnt with her finish it Friday. She hung up her Pressed Flowers quilt top stating she used just the right grey to finish out her block corners. Smack to forehead! What? I'm subconsciously looking for fabrics for other quilters now??

Hope this gives somebody a smile and have a great weekend!