Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Carpenter Star Trip >

Carpenter Star Trip

Carpenter Star Trip

Old 03-28-2024, 04:01 AM

Default Carpenter Star Trip

I don’t know what to call it but I wanted to use Marine fabric again, for my other Marine. I had never made something like this center but it reminded me and I believe it is like, the framed Carpenter Star. Except for the HST I cut all 5 inch squares. The HST I cut two each 5.5 inch but doesn’t give you much wiggle room to square up to 5 inch. Anyway, I laid out my squares or charms some might say, in a mixed look but didn’t like that so I walked away. While washing dishes, it came to me to try the squares in a trip around the world. I like it so much better now. It measures about 67x 84 my husband said. I didn’t measure but i took him at his word. Our group, Bobbins meets today and I will take it, along with the unpopular Mount Rushmore Marine, to another member to quilt. Have a nice day! Toogie

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3072.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	648211  

Last edited by toogie; 03-28-2024 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Change picture
Old 03-28-2024, 05:54 AM

Both Marine quilts were amazing. I don't know how you come up with so many different layouts that come out perfect, but they are sure to be loved and appreciated by our Vets. Thank you for supporting them.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:56 AM

Funny how sometimes we walk away, and then the answer comes to us on how to make things work. Your quilt is wonderful and I really like the colors of it.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:00 AM

This is a beautiful quilt and love your pattern idea. I always tell my quilting group friends put it up on the wall and walk away and look at it for awhile and you'll either love it or change it. Had to go back and look at your other quilt and it is striking also. Both will be loved and enjoyed I'm sure.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:23 AM

Another wonderful quilt for a deserving veteran! My question is how do you get so many done? Do you secretly have little sewing elves that we don't know about? If so, where can I get some?
Old 03-28-2024, 10:07 AM

Boy, you do the best quilts!!!
Old 03-28-2024, 03:15 PM

Another winner!!! Your creativity and generosity are remarkable. It's amazing how many different combos you come up with using the same red, white and blue. The veterans in your area are so fortunate to have you sewing for them as they aren't just getting a quilt, they are receiving a true work of art.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Handsome quilt top!
Old 03-28-2024, 10:03 PM

That's a Swoon block, very very similar to a Carpenter's Wheel block. You did a lovely job! It never ceases to amaze me how many times taking a step back works - or going to bed, telling my brain to find a solution for whatever quilting problem I'm having!
Old 03-29-2024, 03:55 AM

Beautiful quilt. Love the way you set the star in the quilt.