Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Foot Pedal!  Ugh >

Foot Pedal! Ugh

Foot Pedal! Ugh

Old 03-29-2024, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Tired the silicone mats, even the Pioneer Woman one that got rave reviews for no slip. Will not stay in place. Moves as soon as I use the pedal. Pedal stays on it just fine though. My husband said he would make me a three sided tray to fit under my sewing table with cut out for the foot pedal. I complained so much about it he finally paid attention to what it was. LOL
Old 03-31-2024, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Mine wouldn't stay put on carpet, so I finally put some hook velcro on the back. Mission Accomplished!
Perhaps put some loop velcro on your floor, and then the hook velcro on the foot pedal?

Yes, it means sticking it to the floor, but if/when you don't want it there, it will peel off and you can remove any of the gooey-residue with GooGone.

The waffle weave stuff ... skeptical about n it. Never tried it for sewing machine foot pedals, but doesn't seem to keep other things stable for me.
The only method that keeps my foot pedal from sliding on my smooth surface floors (and also worked when the floors were carpeted) is a piece of pegboard my husband made that he stapled Velcro to, put matching peel and stick Velcro on my foot pedal. The board is long enough it pushes against the wall (so it can't get too far away from me). This works a dream. I don't usually take this machine away to sew, but if I do I can either take the board with me, or take the board off and just take the foot control. Best gadget my dear hubby ever made for me....
Old 04-03-2024, 06:07 AM

I finally as a last resort, cut my bath mat in half. put where I thought I needed it, went over the floor with a damp paper towel, stepped on it a few times. It has been holding steady for a couple of months. I have vnyal flooring.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Tried the silicone mats. Will not stay in place. Moves as soon as I use the pedal.
What the heck kind of flooring do you have?? 😄

What if you got a couple of those Command hooks and installed them on the floor, then hooked the waffle stuff on the hooks? I've never had a problem with sticky residue from the adhesive.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

It is very smooth shiny tile. The finish on the tile is like glass. They must have had a sale because no other room has this tile in it.
I like the bath mat idea.