Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-01-2024, 06:58 AM

We moved back to NH and had our two children and two of our grandchildren together for a long weekend. The girls are four years apart and share their birthday on the 16th when they turn 10 and 14. Such giggles and laughter made my heart sing! I hid 69 plastic eggs inside the house and they only found 68. I have no clue, but will turn up with spring cleaning.
Now that daughter left we have to move into "our" bedroom in the house. UGH!! But then I will be able to get the material out.
Enjoy your day.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:58 AM

Lstew thank you for both of my great blocks
Old 04-01-2024, 07:58 AM

I'll be taking a break from sewing for several weeks while DH and I make a trip to GA to finish working on the upstairs of DS's house - which will become our new home. We're moving the cats and fish with this trip, so we plan on stopping as little as possible on the way. While DH works on taping sheetrock, I'll be working on finishing up the pond so the fish will have a new home. We'll be taking our 100gallon stock tank with, which is their winter home here is SD. Got the supplies to oxygen pack them so hopefully that will go well. I've got three about 15" and three less than 12". Will be a big relief to have the pets moved, and will be one less trip to deal with when the house sells.

I've got all my swap blocks done so that is out of the way. I've got my brown set finished and quilted. I'll be packing up my LA after we get back and wanted to get all my floppies quilted up. Been on a quilting binge and have 6 tops done and bound, and 4 more quilted and ready to be bound. I've still got one small wallhanging that needs to be quilted, but I'm still on the fence on exactly what I want to do. We're getting snow again today, but it will be warm there rest of the week so it should melt fast and not be a problem with getting out of South Dakota!

Old 04-01-2024, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Nice modern block for Janice, LC. You are on a roll!

Hi duckling, glad you popped in!
Thanks SBG! I'm thinking of changing the dark color strips to something lighter, though, because when I see it with the other blocks on the gallery, it kind of sticks out on it's own, and doesn't look like it will fit with the other blocks....
Old 04-01-2024, 09:18 AM

Okay, reworked Janice’s block so it fits more with the other blocks people made. Hope it works for you.

Old 04-01-2024, 09:27 AM

LC, it was pretty the other way, too. 😀. But I appreciate your added efforts! Thank you!
Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Okay, reworked Janice’s block so it fits more with the other blocks people made. Hope it works for you.

Old 04-01-2024, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

I like the revision too, LC!
Old 04-01-2024, 11:21 AM

One for Libster. Had to work WAY to hard to get this one finished to my satisfaction, but I learned a few tricks along the way and that is all part of the game, right? Now should make another one to make sure I have the tricks down pat!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-01  Libster #1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	779.1 KB
ID:	648241  
Old 04-01-2024, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
One for Libster. Had to work WAY to hard to get this one finished to my satisfaction, but I learned a few tricks along the way and that is all part of the game, right? Now should make another one to make sure I have the tricks down pat!
Love this block. You apparently aced those tricks. Wanta' share what they are with us?
Old 04-01-2024, 03:36 PM

Sorry I have been missing. Work is going crazy, got to love working for the CA governor.

I will get my blocks in the mail this week. Looks like work will be all consuming through May. Got the blocks done in the nick of time.

Thank you everyone for my blocks. Loving them all.