Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Identifying sewing machine part >

Identifying sewing machine part

Identifying sewing machine part

Old 04-02-2024, 04:08 PM

Default Identifying sewing machine part

Hello, I don’t know if I’m posting at the right place. I found a hexagon looking washer on my sewing machine plate near the needle. I looked down and it was lying there. It’s a new Brother sewing machine . Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5547.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	648251  
Old 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
mkc

That's a standard nut. If it's not obvious where it came from, contact your dealer.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:37 PM

Thank you. I did. Brother wants to charge me a fee because the 30 day warranty is up. It’s a very inexpensive machine (Brother XM 2701) so I’ll probably just keep on researching. Thanks for identifying.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:53 AM

Unless it's possible it came from somewhere else (someone put it there, it fell out of the sky, there was some other repair going on close-by), then I would turn the machine on it's back/side and see where there might be room (a big enough space) for a nut that size to fall out. If so, I would try to get to the spot from where it came, so I could put it back. You might have to take off part of the housing.

Look for a youtube video that discusses that machine or one similar - or a video that mentions a nut falling out of a Brother machine.

Have you tried sewing? Does it still sew OK?

A trip to the sewing machine repair man is going to be $150.00 or so. That might not be worth it.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

bk

Last edited by bkay; 04-03-2024 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:15 AM

Thank you. Yes, the repair charge would be more than I payed for it new. I am a beginner sewer and keep hitting roadblocks. I think I’m going to exactly as you said. I wish I could find out every part that is in the sewing machine. I think it would attach to some kind of bolt. I did go on YouTube and found that this does happen but still don’t know where it came from. Ill
keep you posted. Theses are times I really miss my mom.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

I really doubt it fell from the machine to land on your sewing plate. It had to drop from above and I looked all over my Brother machines and can't see an opening on the bottom of the top housing. You can open the face of the machine (where the needle bar is and usually light bulb( and check there easily, that would be the possible place for it to fall. Look at part number 26 on this diagram. . https://millardsewing.com/product/xe6416201/
Old 04-03-2024, 07:51 AM

don't really know where it might of come from. I have never seen a washer that looked like that on my machine. When I bought a brand-new car. I found several washers just sitting on my engine. My brother looked at it and said don't worry about if the car works fine. The car still hasn't fallen apart! It could have just been a spare part from something that got into the packing?
Old 04-03-2024, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

I hate to mention this, but is it possible someone put it there as an April Fool's joke and you didn't notice until a day later?
Old 04-03-2024, 08:08 AM

No. Lol. It happened a while ago, I have just been sick and just posting it. Thank you .
Old 04-03-2024, 08:09 AM

True. That’s how I’m going to proceed. Thanks for making me feel better.