Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-02-2024, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

I’m home and made my last block, a Tula Pink block for Janice. My package is going out tomorrow! Yay! I had so much fun making blocks for you all and cant wait til we do it again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4267.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	648252  
Old 04-03-2024, 02:51 AM

Pretty block, SBG. Thank you! Glad you made it safely home. I did get your email with the tracking number. Other packages are on the way, too.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm but a frost is expected by the weekend. That’s Spring in the mountains.

Have a great day, Boomers.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I’m home and made my last block, a Tula Pink block for Janice. My package is going out tomorrow! Yay! I had so much fun making blocks for you all and cant wait til we do it again.
Pretty block SBG! Love the colors you picked for this fabric!
Old 04-03-2024, 08:25 AM

Another beautiful BOOM! Any idea when the next one is going to start and end? I am eager!
Old 04-03-2024, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

My package is to be picked up today... Now I have to clean up the fabric mess I left out during the Boom. Creativity makes a mess!

It's a beautiful day here, 60ish and sunny. The doggie and I have been out several times already.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:18 PM

Here is a block for SBG. Hope you like it.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:47 PM

Log the pineapple is so fun!

Well I cleaned up the motorhome and then proceeded to empty everything from under the bed - which means all my sewing stuff. I have 4 tops ready to be sandwiched! And plenty of extra material that I need to organize. Tonight is an unknown storm coming through. At first they said 2 ft and now its 1 inch!

I have three more blocks to complete and and came to a screeching halt. I think it happens everytime for me. I see the picture of the F8 and my mind decides on what I want to make that will be "perfect". then I get theF8 and read the vision you have and my perfect block won't work. And I have to review with different color combos and patterns. I actually sat in the middle of the room with my phone trying to match specific colors! (I can never recall the difference between teal and turquoise! or Cream/Tan/offwhite)
So I walked away and came in to make Goulash for dinner!
Old 04-03-2024, 05:04 PM

More beautiful blocks posted, I love the pineapple block. It is so cool.
The rain here has been unbelievable. We have gotten more than 5 inches in two days. Flooding everywhere. I live on top of a hill so we are good, but people closer to the creeks and river not so well. There will be a real mess to cleanup. We are just waiting for the cold and snow over the next two days.

at least I will have plenty of time to sew this weekend.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:32 PM

No sewing for me today. Well, almost no sewing. I stitched on a label for a baby quilt then found a tear in one of the blocks, UGGGGG. What to do, what to do? I could remake it. I could patch it, I could applique something clever over the tear. Yuck and I thought I was done!

Spent time yesterday counting the remaining Boom blocks and double checking blocks and bags so perhaps I can send in the next two weeks. I may be teaching an online class starting in May so I need to get the Boom blocks out the door soon.

Today was cold, mid-thirties and raining, snowing, raining, sun, raining..... Think November. Just cold and nasty. But on a warmer note, I spent the late afternoon and evening with my son. Dinner out and lots of chatting. He picked up two quilts I made for the children of my DIL's boss. Yeah, out the door!

Maybe a simple Boom tomorrow. Maybe, but packing for a three day quilt retreat too. A three day retreat really is four or five days. Ya need one to plan and pack and one afterwards to unpack and put away all of the stuff you packed a few days before. But the time together is worth it!
Old 04-03-2024, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

YES! I love the pineapple block, LC!! It’s totally cool. Thank you so much!

WMUT, your retreats sound like so much fun.