Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-03-2024, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Sorry for the delay, ladies. My husband is back in the hospital. I'll try to get them out in a few days.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:08 PM

Oh Susie! Prayers and strength for both of you.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:09 PM

Susie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope this stay is short and successful, and wishing you both strength. --Pam
Old 04-03-2024, 05:40 PM

SusieQOH, prayers for you and your husband. Don't worry about your packages, we all understand. Hubby first, quilty friends later.

Reminder to all: Don't forget to put your screen name on the outside of your envelope. That way the birthday swapper does not have to open your package in order to add your name to her list of birthday packages received.

I think I mentioned that I have started my April 2.5 quilt. Taking it to a quilt retreat in hopes of making a few blocks. Pictures will arrive after the retreat and recovery.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Sorry for the delay, ladies. My husband is back in the hospital. I'll try to get them out in a few days.
Sue, don’t worry about the candies at all. Just take care of your hubby and yourself. I will pray he is healed quickly.

I am late for 2.5 day, but I have two quilts to share now that I am home. The first is my reworked Argyle quilt. I showed it before but wasn’t happy with it, so I ripped apart the columns and inserted 1” strip spacers between them. I like it much better now.
The second photo shows 9 patches for my neutrals quilt. Some of the neutral 9Ps have a colored center. I’m thinking of alternating those with the ones that are all neutrals. I had accumulated so many neutrals so it’s time to make them into a quilt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4269.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	648260   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4268.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	648261  
Old 04-04-2024, 04:05 AM

Thanks for your contribution to our 2.5 photo display, SBG. Love the argyle quilt. Like so many scrappy quilts, we don't know how beautiful they are until they begin to grow and we cease looking at blocks and start looking at the quilt as a whole. Lovely work and precise as always. Looking forward to your neutral quilt layout and finish. Lately, I have started to see more and more quilters making use of their neutrals not as spacers or simple neutral space in a colorful block, but as whole quilts. A very soothing result in most cases with just a little pop of color for interest.

Congrats on your ever diminishing selection of 2.5s. "Where do they all come from?" I say with a wink.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:13 AM

Sorry to hear about your husband, Susie!! I will be thinking of you!
Old 04-04-2024, 08:59 AM

Sorry to hear of your husband in the hospital Susie.

I mailed out the BD candies today. You should get them on time.

not much progress done on any sewing last month.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Congrats on your ever diminishing selection of 2.5s. "Where do they all come from?" I say with a wink.
You know they multiply after dark! Ha ha... Actually I cut scraps into 2.5s all year long, when I am clearing scraps off the table. So my collection grows all year. GOTTA make scrap quilts, or else why keep them, right?
Old 04-04-2024, 03:39 PM

You just never know where these little dar'lins will pop up. I opened my suitcase last evening to pack it for my spring quilt retreat and what do you know I found more 2.5's left from my retreat in October! Some of you may recognize the packages, along with a hexie mug rug and a birthday card from one of the you here.

I will look in now and again when I need a break from stitching and catch up on packages, messages and what is happening. Maybe an early birthday celebration? Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Get ready for the eclipse.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2024 -4-04  found in my suitcase.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	648263