Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Caddy for Nursing Home Walkers >

Caddy for Nursing Home Walkers

Caddy for Nursing Home Walkers

Old 04-04-2024, 01:11 PM

Default Caddy for Nursing Home Walkers

I need some input from you. Today a local nursing home told me that caddies for walkers could be used. Just simple ones with tabs to drape over the bar in front. There was not one to show me for an example. I have searched Pinterest and there are so many options, I don't know which ones to try to make. If any of you have experience in making these or having a loved one who used one, would you share your ideas please. My women's group likes to have projects to work on and donate. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2024, 02:22 PM

I have made and sold walker bags for many years and there are two styles that have been the best and most requested. They are the foldover style with two or three vertical pockets and the basic tote bag with an interior pocket and straps that go over the walker cross bar. Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to pm me and I'd be glad to help however I can. This site has good patterns for both types: https://hellosewing.com/wheelchair-walker-bag-patterns/
Old 04-05-2024, 04:42 PM

I made the one (from the link SueZQ posted) by SewCanShe - my friend really liked it. I did have to make the straps quite long to accommodate her particular walker. After she passed away, her husband kept it for himself...which made me happy!
Old 04-06-2024, 02:59 AM

I made one for my mother-in-law's hip replacement years ago and more recently for my knee replacements.
I used a kitchen towel, folded in half lengthwise. Sewed through to varying widths. Used shower curtain rings poked through for easy install.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:14 AM

Also works for hospital bed rail for those that are bed-ridden.