Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-08-2024, 07:47 AM

Anyone going to view the Solar Eclipse? I made eclipse boxes for me, mom and dad, because the Solar glasses are all sold out. I also read that some of the Solar glasses you have to watch out because they're not certified safe, and in 2017 Amazon got sued because of selling non-safe eclipse glasses, and then there were some that said they were made in America, but really they were made in China and not certified. But I've got old fashioned box viewing ready! Apparently in Michigan, peak time will be from 2-3:12.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

Log Cabin, your card and squares arrived! Thank you for all the pretty batiks and Tula Pinks!
How did your eclipse boxes work out? We were not in the direct path, so our eclipse made the sun look like changing crescent moons. Cool! I just wore my regular sunglasses and didn't stare too long. It was very cloudy here today, so I just got glimpses between the clouds. I'm thankful for even that.

I also got Patrick's Mom's package today too. Thanks for all the extras, Shannon. I love that your squares are all tonal semi-solids. So beautiful.

Hey, I wanted to ask you who send the beautifully cut squares without any threads hanging.... How do you do it? Mine always have threads, but I've received some sets that are totally pristine! Accuquilt?

I will post my list of receiveds in a minute. Thank you everyone.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

My Birthday is tomorrow and here is who I have received candies and cards from:

1) Gaijin
2) Ibex94
3) WMUTeach
4) Janice McC
5) JENNR8R
6) Heathermom
7) BrendaW
8) pamelor
9) Macybaby
10) TravelingGramma
11) CrispyFrog
12) Log Cabin
13) Patrick's Mom

The Gulf States Quilting Association (GSQA) has a show this weekend in Slidell, LA. Three of my friends have quilts hanging in the show. For my birthday outting, hubby and I are going to get up early on Friday and drive down to Slidell to see the show. It will be his first quilt show. Can't wait! The weather is supposed to be nice, too.
Old 04-08-2024, 03:20 PM

SusieQOH, thrilled that your hubs is doing better and that now you can relax. You must love him wildly to be a "mess" when he is ill. It only shows how tender your heart is.

Thanks for the list, SBG. Our lists agree. More tomorrow, fingers crossed. What fun for you to introduce your hubby to a quilt show as part of your birthday celebration. Enjoy! He will come home wiser, hopefully more understanding, and his eyes amazed at what can be done with thread and fabric.

I saw the eclipse with my special glasses and a few of the condo neighborhood residents that stopped by. Just settled down in my folding lawn chair and waited for it to get dark. It did not get fully dark but pretty gloomy and an odd color to the atmosphere. I used the viewing box during the 2017 eclipse and was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was.

My retreat weekend was productive. I got 10 Cleopatra's Fan blocks almost finished. I decided that I needed to change one of the colors in each set of five blocks. I finished four 17" blocks for my April 2.5 quilt and made parts for 4 more. I need to cut black and white 2.5s from my stash. Amazing that I need to cut more. That is OK, I want to reduce the yardage stash too. Lastly, I got a Project Linus top finished using a layer cake that no longer entranced me. Photos later when I have the projects closer to finished.

Looking forward to our next birthday celebration................. Yea!

Old 04-09-2024, 03:18 AM

Happy Birthday, Sewbizgirl! Hope you have a lovely day!
Old 04-09-2024, 03:58 AM

It is time to break out the confetti and balloons! Happy Birthday, SBG.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HBday.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	648289  
Old 04-09-2024, 04:03 AM

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!

Gaijin
Old 04-09-2024, 04:07 AM

Default Happy birthday, sewbizgirl!

Confetti time indeed! Happy HAPPY Birthday Sewbizgirl! Have a great time with your hubby at the quilt show.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HappyBirthday.png
Views:	6
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	648291  
Old 04-09-2024, 04:22 AM

happy birthday SBG!

I'm currently down in GA, getting more done before we move (when house sells) Not doing any sewing right now, but wanted tp check in. Using my DH laptop, and not real good with this keyboard, or that he has it so small I can't really see what I'm typing LOL...

Oh good, DH got the mouse and showed me how to make everything larger.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:15 AM

Happy Birthday Sewbiz, enjoy the quilt show

I will be happy to get back home to Minnesota. The mail service down here is so slow, can’t believe my envelopes haven’t arrived yet.