Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-09-2024, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday, Sewbizgirl!! Hope you have a great time with hubby at the quilt show.

WMUteach- Thanks for the kind words. We've been together since we were in college a million years ago. He's a wonderful man and I try to remember that always! (usually works haha)

We watched the eclipse with our neighbors and our weather was perfect for it. So glad hubby was able to enjoy it and not be stuck in a hospital!
Old 04-09-2024, 07:43 AM

Happy Birthday SBG!! Hope you have a great day!!

I received candies from Terri yesterday! Thank you! Can't wait for my b-day to open everything!
Old 04-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I'll go to the mailbox in a few hours and see if there are any cards today. I think I have 6 yet to arrive...?

Terri, the mail seems to be terrible all over the country. We just can't count on it like we used to.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:21 PM

Happy birthday SBG. I hope it’s a great one.

I watched the eclipse using a conlendar/strainer. It worked pretty good. In 2017 we were in the 100% range, but Mother Nature decided to give us overcast skies with thunderstorms. So of course this year we were in the 80% range , so I didn’t buy the special glasses and at the last minute decided to go on the internet to see how to see the eclipse. This year we were sunny, no wind or clouds. It was pretty interesting using this technique. The Trick, have your back to the sun and look down. Several members of our guild were texting back and forth during the eclipse. It was fun.

I can’t seem to get into my sewing groove. I still have 9 more baby tops to quilt for my friend and just not in the mood. I really need to finish a few ufo’s and get the traffic jam quilt completed. Tomorrow I will get 2 of them done and set up the 3 one. I just want to complete them so I can work on my stuff. Plus my porch garden is calling my name. I need to plant my seeds, so I start having fruit in June. Tomorrow I will be busy.

Sorry to hear about your dad,

take care everyone.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

I went out shopping today and treated myself! Bought an outfit to wear to an upcoming wedding. When I got home, I had a candy package from happylab! Thanks so much, Happylab! I love your pretty colors and sewing theme, and of course the pretty card too. Love the extra Tula Pink charms you sent!

So I still have some packages to look forward to.... yay!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:38 PM

Happy birthday Serbia, hope you had a wonderful day today! I put a little something in from Hamilton Missouri, at the Doan girls retreat this week. Wish it were a diamond your birthstone, it’s a worthy stone for beautiful April and Lofcabin and Sewbiz. Cheers!
Old 04-09-2024, 07:32 PM

Happy birthday Sewbizgirl! (I'm in Pacific time, where it's still your birthday).
Old 04-09-2024, 07:34 PM

Well, I started some 9-patches for checkerboard chain. They are demanding a preciseness I don't have but will do my best!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9 patches.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	866.1 KB
ID:	648298  
Old 04-10-2024, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by pamelor View Post
Well, I started some 9-patches for checkerboard chain. They are demanding a preciseness I don't have but will do my best!
I can say that precession is not one of my gifts but it does get better and better with when we choose to make a ton, pile, gob or "kabillion" of those nine patches. I am sure your 9Ps are precise enough to make a beautiful quilt.

Yeah on the package from Happylab arriving just in the nick of time.

Looks to be another glorious day at the Marsh. Birds, especially the red winged black birds, are wildly happy and singing all day long. Lots of geese and pairs of mallards. Another few weeks and it will be time to see the little yellow fluff balls waddling in and out of the water. I am ready to throw open the windows again and enjoy the scents of spring.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-10-2024 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for all of your cheery birthday wishes, everyone!