Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-10-2024, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

Wow... awesome! That looks pretty exciting. Have a ball and keep us updated.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:30 PM

Reba I was supposed to go to one of their retreats and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately the gal organizing the retreat was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and the decision was made to wait for Lori to get a handle on her health

Enjoy your special time
Old 04-10-2024, 02:47 PM

Oh my goodness just saw the destruction from the storms that hit Eastern Texas, Louisiana and Missippi Hope everyone is ok?
Old 04-10-2024, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

All is fine here, just very very wet. I haven't ventured out yet today so haven't seen anything in other areas. There is probably flooding.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:39 PM

Logcabin - that block is awesome! Those squares are so tiny. Thank you so very much.

we are in northern NH and caught 99% eclipse from sons yard. Traffic was really crazy on the rural roads for two days. Was a warm 60 until it got dark. Just a great afternoon sitting outside with family.

I have gone to two retreats and loved meeting great people but can’t do it anymore so will enjoy your tales

Old 04-10-2024, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I broke my serger today... WAAHHH! At first I thought it was a needle that broke, but it was the end of one of the loopers. Since it's over 30 years old, I don't think a new part could be found. So now I have to buy a serger. I don't use it for quilting, but it's a must for clean seam finishing for when I make clothes.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:48 AM

More blocks are in! I received a package yesterday from SusieQOH.

Janice McC - 2 sets
Cheesehead - 1 set
Terriamn - 2 sets
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Sewbizgirl - 2 sets
SusieQOH - 1 set

A rainy day ahead. That’s great for the hostas and day lilies DH and I transplanted. Have a few more hostas to move and a new hellebore to plant. I want to get an Eastern Redbud and a Magnolia tree but we haven’t found them yet. There’s still time. In the meantime, I’ll be working on my 365 blocks. I’m still a month behind but slowly catching up.

Have a nice day!
Old 04-11-2024, 03:54 AM

Oh, no, SBG. Sorry to hear this! Hope you find another one soon.

Are you still planning a trip to the quilt show? Is it still on? I heard on the news last night that Slidell was hit with devastating weather. Hope all is still ok by you.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I broke my serger today... WAAHHH! At first I thought it was a needle that broke, but it was the end of one of the loopers. Since it's over 30 years old, I don't think a new part could be found. So now I have to buy a serger. I don't use it for quilting, but it's a must for clean seam finishing for when I make clothes.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:10 AM

Sewbiz I have a serger and embarrassed to say have only used it a couple of times. The darn thing totally intimidates me.

hubby and I were just in the front yard and he said oh no and points. Mama cat had 3 kittens hidden in our front garden. They were popping their little heads out of the foliage. Cute as can be. Hubby cut some of the leaves back hoping mama will come back and move them to a more protected spot
Old 04-11-2024, 11:12 AM

Terriamn, Sometimes my Juki sewing machine intimidates me. lol. Re: the kittens, sounds like it’s a mighty smart mama to have made a home so close to you. Oh, dear.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sewbiz I have a serger and embarrassed to say have only used it a couple of times. The darn thing totally intimidates me.

hubby and I were just in the front yard and he said oh no and points. Mama cat had 3 kittens hidden in our front garden. They were popping their little heads out of the foliage. Cute as can be. Hubby cut some of the leaves back hoping mama will come back and move them to a more protected spot