Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-10-2024, 09:45 AM

Birthday Swappers, I stumbled on this pattern via YouTube this afternoon. It is all 2.5's plus a background fabric from Bits and Pieces Quilting. The pattern is called Four Patch Trellis and I attached a screen shot of the quilt below.

Here is the pattern or you can get it directly from the website.
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ch+Trellis.pdf

The pattern designer also is doing videos to accompany the quilt pattern. #1 is about how to sort scraps so they play well together. I found this useful because this is where I find I stumble or more often work way to hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcOlmUOj1k&t=0s

#2 is the video of how to construct the Four Patch Trellis quilt in the photo below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw3j4lZoRR4

Take a wander and perhaps give this a try. It most certainly would use up lots of 2.5s and would make a good leader/ender project until you gather enough blocks to make a quilt.

Happy Wednesday afternoon quilting!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Four Patch Trellis.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	648313  
Old 04-10-2024, 10:57 AM

SBG, I’m so happy you recieved your candy on time and you liked the candy. Also thank-you for another pattern for my to do list. I like the

oh well, back to quilting baby tops. Only 9 more to go.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:56 PM

SBG, did you get my candies? I mailed with 9 days... this is crazy. I mailed 5 things at the same time, and all have been delivered. Hope you got them. Please let me know. Maybe I need to mail 30 days in advance.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:37 PM

Hav4, let's give the postal service a little more time. Speedy delivery of our packages is not consistent. I am sure Sewbiz will notify us as soon as packages arrive in her mailbox. You are not alone. Other packages are roaming around in the postal system waiting to surprise our April swappers.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Hi Hav,
No, they haven't come yet. I've kept a running list here of the ones that have come.
Today we had an extreme thunderstorm that tore up parts of our state and caused flooding. Our mail was not even delivered today! I hate that, but they seem to skip mail delivery every time there's an excuse for it. I'll let you know if your candies show up tomorrow, or whenever they do show up. We are just going to wait it out.... They'll arrive eventually, and I'm not in any rush to use them. Thanks for checking.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:25 AM

I’ll be watching to see that mine arrives, too; I mailed it one day apart from the one that has already arrived for the month, *sigh*.

My husband and I made a pilgrimage to see the eclipse in totality, and it was truly amazing. It had been cloudy off and on, but for the totality itself we had clear skies. It was just an utterly phenomenal experience.

Loving all the patterns—keep ‘em coming!
Old 04-11-2024, 05:18 AM

I mailed both April envelopes at the same time, one has arrived and the other hasn’t. Frustrating.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

They will come...
Old 04-12-2024, 05:17 AM

Hello Everyone......Couple things I wanted to share.

One.....did everyone see that the price of stamps are going up, again. I was at the post office to mail out more Project Linus fleece blankets with crochet edges, and I was shocked at how much the prices had gone up. I bought bag mailers that hold several blankets years ago, and I have watched the price go up and up and up with each mailing. Still worth it to send them to the Project Linus group.

Second.....I found this absolutely amazing scrappy cat quilt that someone made with 2.5 inch squares. I am hoping that I can find my graph paper this weekend and if I am able to sketch it out, I will post what I sketch out next week. The body of the cat is full 2.5 inch squares and the angles of the body are made from hst's. I am not very good with keeping my hst's consistent so I thought I might be able to try this pattern ( I love cats) to practice, and since I love the idea of the pattern I would be more apt to finish it. Has anyone made a scrappy cat with 2.5 squares? Would love to see if you have.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc View Post

...I found this absolutely amazing scrappy cat quilt that someone made with 2.5 inch squares.
Do you have a picture or link to it?