Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 04-03-2024, 08:24 AM

One more bit of news from the meeting.... He encourages us to have it quilted so we don't have a UFO on our hands, but the May 29 picture upload deadline can be of the flimsy only if you can't finish it by May 29. We will all get our pins!! First time Mad Adders!
Old 04-04-2024, 11:40 AM

Default Waiting

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
No way I am waiting for the reveal!
I have my box but have waited to look at it, too! Can't wait for our zoom call.

Shawnee

Old 04-08-2024, 04:05 PM

Hold on tight! April 16 is almost here! I will send you all the zoom link soon. I am way too tired tonight to go looking for it. I hope you all had a great eclipse showing! I got clouds. Next time....
Old 04-09-2024, 06:47 AM

Shawnee, you're waiting!!! What patience you have after all this time of secrecy and intrigue. I would have ripped it open the minute I got my hands on it.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:16 PM

WesternWilson - did you get the email I sent regarding photo labeling?

Joyce, I am still waiting patiently for the post office to bring me your flimsy.

I have learned many things about coordinating an exchange like this one. Now that the post office is totally unreliable I will probably not do anymore close-timed exchanges. But that is just one of the things that we don't really have control over except who we choose to ship like a totally different agency like Federal Express. Since UPS is not delivering packages for the USPS, and the USPS is horribly late all the time even after paying for priority mail delivery, one can only assume that UPS is also the problem.

Everyone send Joyce lots of love because she's the one who is not getting her flimsy on time. I think everyone else has theirs in hand that wanted them delivered for the reveal, right?

Not getting tracking numbers is keeping me in the dark about who has their flimsies and who doesn't. Let me check in with our flung flimsies:
I didn't want mine because I won't be in town April 16.
Joyce's is somewhere in Louisiana but not yet in my hands.
Plix didn't want hers mailed for fear that she would peek before the reveal.
Yiaya, has hidden hers in the closet.
Shawnee has hers.
Peckish, do you have yours?

I need to dig my zoom address out of mothballs and send everyone the invite for April 16, 6 pm west coast time. I will be sending it via personal emails. I'll post a note in here when it has been sent. Happy Sewing one and all.

Old 04-11-2024, 08:07 PM

OMG you STILL haven't received that package!?!??! It was supposed to be there on MONDAY! 🤦🤦🤦🤦
I do not have mine yet, but fortunately Shawnee is local, so we don't have to deal with the mail.
Should we have a conversation about pushing the reveal back a few days?
Old 04-11-2024, 08:16 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Hi Fellow turtles!

I am hoping everyone received their labels. Juana and Plix have confirmed that they did. Hate to be a PITA but would love to know if the rest of you got them. I have tracking numbers and more importantly still time to stitch out any that went missing. Could those of you that haven’t mentioned it please let me know that they arrived and that they are colors that you like? I have no problem redoing them if they’re not what you want. It’s way more important to me that you like them!

Shawnee and C Joyce I mixed up some reds today so should have some ready for you soon. Only did a Wine Red and a Chinese Red but also have a “ light red, “ fuchsia” and “Scarlet “ on hand if they’re more your style. Planning on doing a gradient so you’ll get a gradient of both.

if anyone else wants a gradient of a specific color please feel free to lmk. I know I said something about shipping and costs but this round too is on me so now is a good time for requests. My only concern is that I am still learning so it’s iffy on how they come out. And again, you are doing me a favor by asking/accepting them. I’m out of the 60” batik weight fabric so anything that I send will be 44” Kona. Amazing how much fabric I go through, that’s my third 30 yard bolt. Not sure if I will use that weight again, if you received any could you let me know how you like it? It’s so tight that I fing a 70 needle works best with it.

Juana, I got a “new” brown yesterday too! 😊

Getting excited for the 17th!

Last edited by Yiaya; 04-11-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:57 AM

Hi Peckish -- it is just the mail is unreliable in my part of the world. The good news is that as of this morning the tracking says I am scheduled to get it tonight. We'll see. If it doesn't arrive, I go to the post office tomorrow to have all mail held beginning Monday so the flimsy isn't stolen while I am gone.

We had the vote already and for those who voted, April 16 was the preference so let's stick with it. If Shawnee is still holding onto your flimsy, she can show it to you in the Zoom. I will be sending Joyce a picture of hers for the Zoom. If I get the flimsy, it will be a picture with my add on. If I don't get the flimsy, it will be the picture you sent me, Peckish. Plix has arranged to have Joyce show hers during the zoom. It should be a fun meeting even if we don't have our flimsies in hand.

Great things come to those who wait, right? I keep telling myself that.

Yiaya, I have not had a chance to cut and sew on those beautiful fabrics you sent me. I cannot give you any feedback on whether or not they are going to act right. I have no reason to think they won't. Batiks tend to hold their needle holes better when my seam ripper is used so I better not make any mistakes on that fabric! Kona is much better about absorbing my ripping trauma. When I return from my conference, I will likely use some to do a Hawaiian applique. I'll give you a review of your beautiful dyed fabric then. It is exciting to see you get excited about your artistry! 30 yards of fabric -- wow! Are you getting the bolts from Marshall Dry Goods? They are the only ones I know of who have reasonably priced bolts out there.

Last edited by ibex94; 04-12-2024 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:05 AM

Yiaya, I loved everything you sent. The label is over the top wonderful! Thank you.
I feel so lucky to be in this great group and don't know that I would do this again unless you all tagged along.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:25 PM

So my last flimsy has arrived!! It is up on the wall and none of the things I thought I was going to do to it are making me happy. What a beautiful flimsy for Joyce! It is already harmonized and unified so the challenge is on to add just right!