Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any of the old time users still on here? From 20 years ago? >

Any of the old time users still on here? From 20 years ago?

Any of the old time users still on here? From 20 years ago?

Old 04-15-2024, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

LindaDee ... You've asked about specific places to discuss and perhaps somewhat to have a meeting of the minds, re hand piecing, applique etc. To find your "soul sisters"!!

That would be right "here" in the "Main" forum.
Simply, start a thread. Title it accordingly. And others will follow!!

Good Luck!!

Old 04-15-2024, 05:51 AM

Do any of you remember the Chat Room (Live Chat) ? I joined QB in 2016, I think, and it was so nice to catch up with fellow quilters ... you could usually find someone in the Chat Room at any time of the day.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

The chat room feature was so nice! I do zoom meeting with a few quilters I met online. We sew, chat, show our work, show how to do something, whatever we like. Zoom is wonderful.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by lindadee View Post
Elaine, I would love to participate in a regular chat about handpiecing and applique and quilting. Is there a category for that here on the forum? If not, could one be set up so we can find it everytime we come here?
There isn't a specific sub category here that I know of, I think one of the admins could answer your question..... I think it would depend on how much interest/activity there is to justify it? I know the machine embroidery subcategory got started and now seems to have mostly fizzled out..
Old 04-15-2024, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
LindaDee ... You've asked about specific places to discuss and perhaps somewhat to have a meeting of the minds, re hand piecing, applique etc. To find your "soul sisters"!!

That would be right "here" in the "Main" forum.
Simply, start a thread. Title it accordingly. And others will follow!!

Good Luck!!
Thanks for the suggestion
Old 04-15-2024, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Drew View Post
Do any of you remember the Chat Room (Live Chat) ? I joined QB in 2016, I think, and it was so nice to catch up with fellow quilters ... you could usually find someone in the Chat Room at any time of the day.
Is the Chat still available or did they do away with it?
Old 04-15-2024, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
There isn't a specific sub category here that I know of, I think one of the admins could answer your question..... I think it would depend on how much interest/activity there is to justify it? I know the machine embroidery subcategory got started and now seems to have mostly fizzled out..
That's discouraging when that happens. I know it takes effort on people's part to keep a topic going, but its value as a resource is worth it in my view.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:32 PM

I joined in 2010. Like many of you, this is the place I learned a great deal about quilting. I'm in and out of here depending on my schedule and how much I want to avoid doing something else!

Like some others, this was my first quilt guild. I've since joined two others (in person) and am a long term member of both. Sometimes I look up my old posts just to see what was going on in my life, what I was working on, etc. So it's like a mini-history of my life since retirement. I am always amazed at how much I've learned!

Old 04-16-2024, 05:10 AM

QB did away with the Chat Room a little while ago when they did some changes to the site. I don't think any explanation was given. I'm still in touch with several chatters via FB Messenger. We all miss the Chat Room, and wish it QB would bring it back!
Old 04-17-2024, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

You can see how long any of us have been on the board by our "join date" below our names and avatars. I thought this board began around 2010....

Too many of our original group are no longer with us because they have passed away. It's sad to read old threads and see their posts, chatting away. We miss them and are the richer for having known them, even if just for a few years.