Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone bought from Temu? >

Has anyone bought from Temu?

Has anyone bought from Temu?

Old 07-23-2023, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
If you do decide to buy some items from Temu, please let us know your experience!
HouseDragon --FWIW--I recently bought about $100 worth of clothing for my 4 year old grandson discounted @ 50-75% off. Temu shipped quickly, the clothing material (all poly or a low cotton cotton-high poly blend) was heavily discounted, and my credit card hasn't been scammed so far. I would have liked to see more cotton in the garments I bought. The sizing is off on their clothing as is the case with most clothing manufactured in the PRC for a western market (adding an inch or two in length of the sleeves or legs of a garment, but not adjusting width or ease). I am interested in hearing the assessment of Temu purchases from other TQB members. Thanks and best.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

I would not install the Temu app or any other company app on my phone. Apps from any company gathers your phone info if they so choose. I asked the owner of one of the LQS here about the distributor she used for the ordering for the shop. She said she has no idea where the distributor orders the items from but most all notions are made in China. She said she is thinking about ordering direct now that it is easy to do so.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:15 PM

peckish--I agree with what you said. i would never put a shopping app on my phone, even from a trusted vendor. Every internet purchase I make is a one off purchase, directly hitting my credit card--not that that cant be easily scammed too. it's a brave new world, ladies.
Old 07-25-2023, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by frannella View Post
Every internet purchase I make is a one off purchase, directly hitting my credit card--not that that cant be easily scammed too.
Use a virtual credit card. Some banks have them, and you can create your own using programs like Privacy dot com. You set the dollar limit and frequency amounts yourself. If someone tries to use it fraudulently, they are declined.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:47 AM

I have alerts on all my credit cards. If something is charged for more than the amount I set, I get an alert and can check to see if its legitmate or not. If you have good credit cards, they will credit you the amount while they investigate. I've never had Discover or my Chase Visa not back me up when I told them it wasn't my charge.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:56 AM

Yes! I have bought from Temu but never thread…
the quality is not so bad… better than wish or AliExpress.
Old 07-26-2023, 03:37 AM

I have not placed any orders from them, but when I order online, I use Paypal. Then I don't have to give everyone my card info. I also added Venmo. It allows me to send $ to DD. The younger generation uses it all the time.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:46 PM

I have shopped with Temu several times, goods arrive on time or early I’m delighted wit my purchases especially the rotary blades I’ve not changed my blade for weeks pity they don’t sell 60mm.
other items worthy of a mention, wall mounted silicone loo brush and toothpaste dispenser!
I always use paypal 2step verification 👍🏼

Old 07-28-2023, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
I have shopped with Temu several times, goods arrive on time or early I’m delighted wit my purchases especially the rotary blades I’ve not changed my blade for weeks pity they don’t sell 60mm.
other items worthy of a mention, wall mounted silicone loo brush and toothpaste dispenser!
I always use paypal 2step verification 👍🏼
Iolo and Ashley--Isn't it funny? I have used Temu but don't trust PayPal at all and would never use it, however hard they make it to avoid sometimes.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:58 AM

I've just placed my 4th order... Last order I got a pair of 'sneakers' and for $9.83 they can't be beat! They fit perfectly, comfy and so pretty. Second pair of shoes I've ordered that are great. I've not received anything I've not been happy with. I've paid with different methods and no problems. Give it a try, shopping is so fun!!