Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-20-2024, 06:52 AM

MJP, good to hear from you and sure hope you join us in the next boom.

Late afternoon we are going to a small craft brewery, to hear one of our friends sing than out to eat. If it warms up Sunday we will head out to the lake to finish opening up the camper. Nothing exciting.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:57 AM

Good afternoon. No quilting or piecing today. Today is all about transplanting more hostas and hellebores and spreading mulch. Yay! (She says sarcastically.) Terriamn, sounds like a fun afternoon ahead for you.

Yesterday, parallel parking was the high point of the day bc blood donation started great and then clotted right before the end. Was very disappointed that it won’t go to help anyone. Have to wait another 8 weeks. Oh, well.

Tomorrow is DGD birthday. Her party is supposed to be outside at a park but the forecast is now 90 percent chance of rain and in the 50s - yuk - so I hope it isn’t a washout for her.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

Hi MJP! Glad to hear that you will be back Booming next time. We really had a lot of fun with Boom 31.

Janice, my GD is having her birthday party today, also outside. It's a Fairy themed party, with activities like hair braiding and bracelet making and games. I'm also hoping they do not get rained out. Everybody's got their wings ready! I'm feeling guilty that I can't be there to help, but we are going to a wedding tomorrow here in Mississippi and that was a prior commitment. Hope the weather holds for all these parties!
Old 04-20-2024, 10:12 AM

A beautiful Saturday - at least now. St Johnsbury VT was having their Maple festival and it included Pancake Breakfast by one of the churches. Yummy! And of course no fake syrup here, although we snuck in my DH sugar free syrup! Then we walked throught the streets and went to the farmers market and outdoor fair on Main Street. Fortunately I was so full - as the variety of food smelled so good. Really was going to try the fried cheese curds, but line was long and I was too full.
Here are my last two.
MacyBaby you got beautiful tulips.
And last was Janice! I had such high hopes. The first picture is what was planned, and it came out to 12". I took it apart so many times but just had to change plans. So the second photo is yours! There always seems to be one block that messes me up.

Cleaned up the motorhome and packaged the blocks for Mondays mail. Now what should I start?

Oh yes, did start another tray of vegetable seeds. We can't plant outside until at least Memorial Day so getting a head start planting a few a few weeks. we shall see!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Macybab.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	648392   Click image for larger version

Name:	janoops.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	648393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	648394  
Old 04-20-2024, 10:16 AM

TG, thank you for my beautiful block. I think it’s splendid!
Old 04-20-2024, 12:02 PM

TG, I'm with Janice on this one. Both blocks are so nice,, but I like the second one best. You done good! I've spent my day cutting out 5 more blocks. Hope to sew some tomorrow. Forgot to add, I love the tulip one too.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
A beautiful Saturday - at least now. St Johnsbury VT was having their Maple festival and it included Pancake Breakfast by one of the churches. Yummy! And of course no fake syrup here, although we snuck in my DH sugar free syrup! Then we walked throught the streets and went to the farmers market and outdoor fair on Main Street. Fortunately I was so full - as the variety of food smelled so good. Really was going to try the fried cheese curds, but line was long and I was too full.
Here are my last two.
And last was Janice! I had such high hopes. The first picture is what was planned, and it came out to 12". I took it apart so many times but just had to change plans. So the second photo is yours! There always seems to be one block that messes me up.

Cleaned up the motorhome and packaged the blocks for Mondays mail. Now what should I start?

Oh yes, did start another tray of vegetable seeds. We can't plant outside until at least Memorial Day so getting a head start planting a few a few weeks. we shall see!

How did you make that final block for Janice? I like it especially with the small square in middle. Looks like it could be 6in x3in rectangles, flying geese to form diamond in 2 of the rectangles??
Old 04-20-2024, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

I like the improvised better than the original too, TG. So far, it's unanimous! The tulip block is beautiful, too.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Here are my last two.

Beautiful blocks TG! Love the blocks and color choices!
Old 04-21-2024, 07:23 AM

I got mandated until 3am last night. I woke up because I'm hungry and wanted breakfast, but I'm sure I'll be fading into the sunset at work tonight. At least it was just until 3 instead of 7am, when it's 7am, I'm totally messed up on my sleep cycle!