Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-21-2024, 08:54 AM

Log cabin I am usually a sleep mess but in Texas for some reason I slept really well and on a pretty much normal schedule. Back to the usual insomnia now that we are home. Grrrr
Old 04-21-2024, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

Log, what kind of work do you do? Sounds like you must be a nurse? Hope you get caught up on your sleep soon.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:05 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Quick reminder that blocks are due in about a month, May 25. Keep your eye on that date.

It’s a cool morning but I’ve got my cup of coffee and I’m watching a little female hummingbird eat at the feeder outside my back window. Pleasant way to start the day. Have a good week!
Old 04-22-2024, 07:57 AM

Several people have posted and emailed me about the next Boom. Just looked seriously at the calendar for Boom 32 dates. Looks like signups will be about July 27 to Aug 8 and the swap will run through Nov 22, the day blocks are due.

Reminder to everyone interested in Boom 32, you must be able to make 12-1/2 inch blocks every time. And communication with me and the group is essential, at least once a week for the duration of the swap. It’s a requirement to stay in touch. If you can do those two things, you should be good to go for the next Boom and I encourage you to join. If either of those things will not be a priority for you, please don’t apply to join. I do dislike having to track people down when they disappear.

I’m already thinking about my next fabric. Tempted to do something like TravelingGramma’s idea this round. We’ll see.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Log, what kind of work do you do? Sounds like you must be a nurse? Hope you get caught up on your sleep soon.
Yes, I am a nurse. But I'd rather just play with fabric all day!
Old 04-22-2024, 09:13 AM

I got my package out in the mail today after double checking my measurements. I took one apart and used a scant quarter inch after ironing it seemed to come up a bit short. Weird when that happens. I am so enjoying looking at the photos and imagining what to do, they are so pretty. Right now, I am in the process of finishing piecing a backing for the UFO quilt I just finished. I'm so excited to get that one to the quilter. Then I will be starting a patriotic quilt and working on a BOM. I just finished a huge appliqué project; it will be nice to do some piecing. Hugs al!
Old 04-22-2024, 11:15 AM

TG and RebaQuilts have put their blocks in the mail.

Janice McC - 2 sets
Cheesehead - 1 set
Terriamn - 2 sets
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Sewbizgirl - 2 sets
SusieQOH - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set

TravellingGramma - 1 set - on the way
RebaQuilts - 1 set - on the way

We’re in good shape!
Old 04-22-2024, 02:59 PM

So glad everyone likes my block for Janice. I am so happy to display my oops!!
I forgot it was Monday and our po closes at noon so will mail tomorrow
on to my next project. I ordered a kit for first time. Has a panel I absolutely loved and wanted to make as wall hanging. Thank God I learned math, because I cut wrong and read it wrong and attempting to recalculate and it will be all right in the end !!
Seems that many of my attempts at blocks and quilts end up differently than original.
I laugh
Old 04-23-2024, 06:33 AM

I have 2 fabrics picked our for the next boom and one is already cut.

I am procrasting on putting the borders on my top from the last boom. Just not sure of the color choices but really need to get working on it.

Old 04-23-2024, 06:54 AM

Well I went to the doctor today for trigger finger in my right hand. He gave me a steroid shot at the bottom of the finger, and my finger is still a bit numb today and I can't bend it still and it's puffy. I hope it gets better so I can have an easier time sewing....