Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-27-2024, 04:21 AM

Libster great blocks, very nice finish!

Today is granddaughter's wedding brunch shower a little over 2 hours away, should be a fun and exciting day. Serena has flown in from Utah where she lives and we haven’t seen her in several years. She is such a lovely young lady and I am so happy for her
Old 04-27-2024, 07:39 AM

Happy news, Terriamn. Enjoy the festivities.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Libster great blocks, very nice finish!

Today is granddaughter's wedding brunch shower a little over 2 hours away, should be a fun and exciting day. Serena has flown in from Utah where she lives and we haven’t seen her in several years. She is such a lovely young lady and I am so happy for her
Old 04-27-2024, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

Have fun at the brunch, Terri, and congrats to your granddaughter!
Janice, a peach tree full of fruit! How cool! We tried to grow a peach tree once and it died because we didn't know how to prune it right. A horse nibbling on it didn't help, either. There is definitely some to learn about taking care of peach trees.
I'm off to a local craft show and then grocery shopping. A friend has her wares in the craft show and she makes cute little bags. I hope to find one I can buy and encourage her.

Janice, maybe think about getting a new machine. As much as you sew, you should have something that is a pleasure to sew on.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:24 AM

SBG, hope you have fun at the craft show. We’ve got some coming up almost every weekend around the area.

I love my old Kenmore! It’s a workhorse. If I can get it fixed, that would be ideal. I also have a Juki 2010TL, straight stitch only, for some piecing and quilting with a walking foot and FMQ when I’m in the mood. My Kenmore doesn’t have a walking foot so I pieced DH’s flannel quilt today with the Juki. A couple of the flannels stretched without the walking foot but with it on the Juki, I just sailed through 50 percent of it in no time. It’s finally all in rows and I just need to sew them together and I’ll be ready to quilt it. Anyway, I digress. If I can’t get the Kenmore fixed, I’ll have to get another machine to do other stitches. I just hate the thought of getting used to another machine!
Old 04-27-2024, 05:48 PM

I took a break from class planning today and went to my quilt group work day. Got a Boom Block done and a second cut out. This one is for Janice McC Ta-Da! One more in the finished pile. Perhaps the second tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Yikes, I see and error. Back to the sewing machine. Better now than later, right?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-27 Janice McC.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	648438  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-27-2024 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:54 AM

Good morning, Boomers. It’s a soft morning here. Warm and still.

WMUTeach, how is it our goofs don’t show up until we take pix? I love the softness of the block. Lovely fabric you added.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I took a break from class planning today and went to my quilt group work day. Got a Boom Block done and a second cut out. This one is for Janice McC Ta-Da! One more in the finished pile. Perhaps the second tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Yikes, I see and error. Back to the sewing machine. Better now than later, right?
Our bluebird house with 5 hatchlings was destroyed the other night. We’re crushed. We think it was a raccoon. No more bird houses for us. Poor babies. Nature can feel so cruel at times. On a happier note, we’ve got two hummingbird feeders that are being used regularly. Love watching them flit around.

Hope you all have a pleasant day.

Old 04-28-2024, 04:00 AM

Travelinggramma’s blocks arrived yesterday. Thank you!

Janice McC - 2 sets
Cheesehead - 1 set
Terriamn - 2 sets
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Sewbizgirl - 2 sets
SusieQOH - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set
RebaQuilts - 1 set
TravellingGramma - 1 set
Old 04-28-2024, 04:34 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm back in South Dakota for a week or two, then back to GA for a few weeks and then back again to SD. We have another showing on the house this afternoon - will be so nice once it's sold and we can make our final trips back and forth.

I got my blocks mailed off yesterday, and I'll be packing up my sewing room next week. Looks like I won't be doing much sewing for this summer. I'll have putting together my blocks from the swap to look forward once the dust settles!
Old 04-28-2024, 07:58 AM

I have both sets of my blocks done so I'll get them in the mail within the next couple of days. Janice, I'll send my tracking number as soon as they go out.
Terri, I hope your weekend went as enjoyable as you were looking forward to.
Janice, sorry about your birdies.
Hope the health and dental problems are much better for all now and all of our travelers are safe and getting a little rest.
Loving everybody's blocks this Boom. Well done, Ladies, well done!
Old 04-28-2024, 08:45 AM

Libster, that’s grand. I’ll be looking for your email. Love your avatar blocks, btw.