Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fons & Porter Subscription >

Fons & Porter Subscription

Fons & Porter Subscription

Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
I've gotten frustrated with some of my mag subsc. too. I've had some for years & years - but seems in the last few yrs the problems have multiplied. I've gotten duplicate issues AND duplicate bills. I didn't get my bonus booklets when I renewed with F&P either. It took multiple calls to finally get them, they REALLY need to update their website & services !!
I just read my new F&P issue this weekend and it had a WOMENS CLOTHING AD booklet stuck in the middle. I don't subscribe to a QUILT mag to see clothing ads !! If I want to shop for clothes, I'll go to the store. I want to see QUILTS in my quilt magazines. Did this BOTHER anybody else or just me ??
Also, I thought the issue just wasn't very good. Didn't see one pattern I even liked. Seems like even they have gone to mostly fabric co/ designer projects, like Fabric Trends mag & The Quilter. I don't think I'll be renewing F&P again. :(
I didn't care for the clothing thing in the magazine but I'm sure it's an economical thing. They probably got good money for letting it be put in there. I think I subscribe to a couple of magazines for about the same reason I still take classes and go to BOM meetings---It's for the interaction and to keep up on new trends, to see new fabrics, and cabbage onto new ideas. Even though they don't seem to have too much that's new in the way of different blocks they do seem to have a new idea of how to use them once in awhile. I also use them to get websites for quilting products. BTW I ordered some Hickory Nut templates from Hickory Hill fabric store (see Eddie's tutorial on using them) last Thursday and received them today. FAST service. Can't wait to try them.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 AM

That just happened to me with a magazine. I paid the bill through Bill Pay at my bank and it took them two months, and two more bills, and an email to their processing department telling them I already paid it!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM

I have troubles because subscriptions are not forwarded by the post office. They just notify the mag co that you've moved. So I change my address spring and fall as we are snow birds. This winter when I did not receive my mag's I called and was told that they need 5 weeks notice for address changes. If it helps, this is the phone no for F&P. 1 888 729 9601. They were real nice when I reached them.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Jeniver thanks so much for the phone #. I have written to them and so far haven't heard anything but the last time I sent them a e-mail it took about a week.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Now there is another issue...some third party magazine broker is somehow getting the mailing lists from the magazine publishers and sending out their own renewal notices. Be sure you are getting a legitimate renewal notice from the real publisher, and not from a third party broker.
I have gotten these bills and theycan be twice as much. I keep a notebook of my magazines. I get several quilting mags. I also keep track of what I paid and when the script should end. Keep it handy and throw out those annoyng tags in your mags if you don't need to renew. Usually the offers that come in the mail directly from the mag can be the best. Keep track of your credit card statements or checking statements and if there is a discrepancy, call them or email. Ask to speak to a supervisor if not satisfied. Ihate making phone calls but hate even more getting ripped off. So I wait till the house is quiet and get a mag to look at and get prepared to be on hold. I do love my magazines, though. Sheesh
Old 03-15-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
I paid for my subscription in nov. 2009 just got my 1st issue today and a bill was enclosed...I love F & P but had this same problem a few yrs ago and didn't renew for this very reason. Since Nov I have recieved 3 other invoices telling me to pay...I pd on line-does that make a differeance? This is the only magazine I ever have invoicing problems with..any suggestions?
me too, so I don't get that magazine now
Old 03-15-2010, 07:21 PM

I hate having the catalogs in there. And when I tear them out, even carefully, I need to tighten the staples. Little things like that annoy me, even if my sewing room looks afright at times.