Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you aFabric addict & quilt book addict? >

Are you aFabric addict & quilt book addict?

Are you aFabric addict & quilt book addict?

Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 AM

I'm still a relatively new quilter addict. Right now I have more books and patterns than I have fabric. But I'm working on evening things out with the fabric. I'm not up to thequilterslink number on books. That's amazing!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36 AM

I am a "Collector of Fine Fabrics" and a "Collector of Patterns for Future Projects"!!!! I LOVE fabric and have always been a biblio-holic!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 AM

At least I know I am not alone! I sould let me husband read some of these posts when he makes a comment about what I have!!!LOL Yes I have lots but like others before have siad - I just love fabric!!! I can not get out of a fabric store without buying something!! ANd books and magazines!! Don't get me started!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:09 AM

I have a lot of fabric and many books. The book sale is this Sat. Do I dare go?????
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM

I,too, am a collecter of quilting books and fabric. It all gets used in the long run but I have enough stuff bought up to keep me busy for years.Course when I was working, I didn't spend much time on my quilting and other projects But I still bought fabric and supplies to make things.Course now I'm retired I have all this nice fabric and things to use whenever I want.I have matching fabric bought to do up whole quilts. All I have to do is cut them out and sew them together.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Fritzy, Don't call that addicted.It's a desire to acquire knowledge.I have several bookcase full of all kinds of books. I collect quilting and cookbooks and acquire the rest for the information they contain or just for a good read.Course I read almost anything I get my hands on. When I buy fabric I buy 2-3yards unless I have a particular project for it.I figure with that amount of fabric I can make several things from it.Course I'm a bargain hunter and I hate to give full price for things,so I shop around for my purchases.Once I use the fabric for a major project I figure the scraps are free, so they cut the cost of whatever else I use them for.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by earlylace
I love collecting both, how about you?? So many books, so many nice fabrics so many idea's not enough hours in the day! Lace
Yup...guilty (or quilty) on both counts...although I DID pass up a 365-day calendar at Barnes and Noble that had a quilt block for each day...so far no 'Darn! I should have bought that!' feeling. Meanwhile, I'm getting back to work on the T-shirt quilt I'm making...back later!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM
dsj

both really, books are my thing now because I don't have time to create anything at the moment. Just time to look at pictures and drool.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM

I plead guilty to both. I have a large stash and enough books to fill a section at the library. I enjoy petting my fabric and I enjoy reading my books.........and that is a good thing!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:23 PM

I have the calender and love looking at a new block each day. Who knows maybe someday I will make them all:)