Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do with all your quilts!?!?!?! >

What to do with all your quilts!?!?!?!

What to do with all your quilts!?!?!?!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:11 PM

I too started with family; starting with baby blankets. Once I get each daughter at least one and each grandbaby at least one, then I will decide what else to do with them. Hubby has asked for one, and I am doing one for a friend for Christmas. Another lady at my church is interested in learning, so we found out there is a Project Linus group in our community. We are going to look into that as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM

I have one to snuggle with in my living room (big enough for me and hubby) and a small one in my car for the Colorado winters - just in case. The rest have all been given away. I've made about 15 so far and I love to share them with others. Mine are not perfect and are made specifically to keep warm with. Several wedding gifts, several baby gifts and some for family. I don't know anyone who doesn't love to receive a homemade gift.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM

Hi, I just had material sent to my home to make a quilt for a children's hospital. You must follow the requirements for quilting. No hand quilting, quilt all over, no stitches sticking out that would catch on an ivy. I will take my time. I love making doll quilts. That's what I'm working on right now. Enjoy the therapy. It keeps you out of the refrigerator too. God bless.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ellie
Have donated over 500 to the project to date. Still making them but have stopped counting. Have such a fabric stash that I'll be making them until I'm no longer physically able.

I cannot express how inspirational that is!! You are an AMAZING person!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 PM

At first I made them for my house, and my kids. Now I choose one family member a year and make them a quilt. The rest of them are all made for Quilts of Valor, and the Wounded Warriors.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 PM

So far the quilts I have completed have been gifted to friends and family and the ones still in progress are pretty much designated as well. There are two that I may end up keeping...one because I'm now making a 'requested' one for the person it was originally intended for and one because I'm loving how it is turning out and don't want to part with it (even to my daughter...told her she'd get it eventually anyway!)
Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Google Goddess

I am making them for myself right now.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM

I have made a quilt for my sister one for a girl friend.That was moving. I made 3 of my grand kids quilts. I made one for a friend that was sick. She pass this year.
I have made some for RED WHITE AND BLUE for our wounded soliders. I have another that will go to a friend for all she does for other. She is fast at making the quiltd. We make quilts for kids that have been pulled from there home.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 PM

I am a Project Linus CHapter ASst. I make 25-30 quilt tops a month alone and collect more from friends. I have been doing it for 6 years. I go to the conventions once a year in Illinois, and we have 5-6 Make a blanket days a month. It is a wonder org. I have given everyone in the family at least one handquilted, hand pieced quilt by me and all my gks have one or more and my neices and nephews. I also make quilts to donate to special groups for their fund raising. I belong to Tarrant/parkercounties chapter and we have a website too. You go into Projectlinus.org, click on states, and then chapters, pick texas and go down until you find the Tarrant parker county one and click on our web. My pictue is in a few of the newer ones. Our lady who does them has not been able to in a while so.....A litle old.
I have my quilts hanging all over my house, on racks, hanging on holders, folded on chairs, back of couches, etc. Happy quilting
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 PM

I started quilting for therapeutic reasons. My oldest son is bipolar and it is very hard sometimes on the entire family when he goes through his manic or depressive phases-the emotional strain on all of us is tremendous and I needed a hobby to consume myself with so I could escape for awhile. It helps me tremendously and there is also the added bonus of the pride that comes from looking at the finished product that started with hundreds of small pieces of fabric :)