Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing? >

National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing?

National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing?

Old 03-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Spent the day at our guild's monthly workshop with lots of other quilters. We had a class on a sweatshirt fan jacket. Not as easy as I thought it would be! I can't wait to finish it and make one for my DIL and each of my granddaughters for Christmas. Never too early to start.

I did not do any quilting today! We celebrated my son's recent wedding out of state with a lovely reception!!! It was a beautiful spring day here and everyone at the reception had a great time. Now...we are watching basketball and I am really tired. It did cross my mind to go up to my sewing room and sew but it is just going to have to wait till tomorrow.

Originally Posted by sewmom
i went to a LQS and bought some yardage for a quilt that i'm making for my husband(surprise). i left him at the coffee shop down the block. i took him in that store one other time with less than happy results. we also went out for lunch and test drove a used CRV for my daughter. not what i had planned, but better than yesterday. (had a kitty funeral)
So sorry! :cry: Lots of hugs!!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:33 PM

I finished a quilt!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:49 PM

a friend and I joint a wool applique block of the month.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by skowjudy
Quilter7X,

The picture on your site, is the quilt pattern I would like to have.
Do you have the pattern or what is the name of the pattern and where can I find one? I would like to put this in the middle of the quilt I want to make for my fifteen year old grand daughter.

skowjudy
The pattern is called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree Patterns. It's a little laminated card, around 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" with the pattern picture on one side and the directions on the other side. You can find them online or in your LQS (local quilt shop).

No sewing for me today. It was a beautiful day, so hubby and I spent the day outside cleaning in the yard. All that fresh air is making me very tired!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 PM

It was a tough choice but since it is my DH's birthday today I spent most of it away from my quilting and beloved new FQs which somehow keep multiplying like bunnies. I made a tote bag for my niece's birthday last week out of some really cute FQs and now everyone wants one. Also, my DD works in a day spa as a massage therapist and the owner wants to try selling my tote bags in her gift shop at the spa. So tomorrow I'll be having lots of fun mixing, matching and putting those FQs to some good use!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Grinster
I just finished one of 2 baby quilts I have been working on for my 2 new great nephews. I will start finishing the second one today! Oh, and I will be going to my local quilt shops just to see what is new.
Hey Grinster,

I have family in the Portage area and in Paw Paw. My brother lives in Howard City. :)
Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 PM

It snowed here, would love to sew on my baby quilt, but
have not gpt the go ahead from the xurgeon yet, it's only
been a week and 1/2 since surgery, so won't push it yet. :D
Maybe next Thurs. they will let me. :mrgreen: Am really anxious to get back to it. Today is our DAY. Wish it was another
date. :oops: Am sew ready! :thumbup:
Old 03-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Spent the entire day at a Prayers and Squares Prayer Quilt Ministry convention in San Diego. How uplifting it was and lots of quilt talk time too. There were 260 quilters there.